email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some contacts do not receive my emails

KannyKen
Whizz Kid
Message 28 of 28

Does anyone have this problem?

I have a comtact also on TalkTalk and we both serve on a committee so need to send regular emails to each other. For the past two years he is unable to receive my emails from my main email account which is a .homecall.co.uk address. I created an alternative email account using the same name but a .talktalk.net address and he can receive from that. But as the world and his dog know me by my .homecall.co.uk address I stick with that and for him forwards it to my ipad and forward it via my .cloud.com account.

Now today  someone who belongs to another organisation with me chased me about attending a meeting because he had not heard from me. So I resent my email that I sent last week from my .homercall.co.uk account but he receieved nothing until I resent via my ipad .icloud.com account. He uses gmail. Until this month I have been successfully sending him emails from my .homecall.co.uk account.

Any Ideas please?

Some people call me Victor Meldrew. I don't believe it!
0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

...it's the Trash folder where the email is likely to be...but I've escalated this issue to the email expert to check your homecall email and the sending of mail to a talktalk.net server.

Just add the homecall email address to your Community profile, personal information, private notes box at the bottom of the page and save changes.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

Hi @Gondola,

I sent the information about checking spam and settings to my colleague with a talktalk account and saw him last night at a meeting. He has nothing in his spam folder and has no filters set of the sort you describe.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Hi @KannyKen

Yes, the testing with webmail proves exactly that the 'non-reception' is not an email client issue.

You've not said but I assume you've not received any bounceback / error / rejection message in respect of those two emails sent?

If you've not received any bounceback then the recipients probably have received those emails. The emails will be:

• In Trash, having been dealt with as spam
  • In another folder having been directed there by filtering
  • Possibly even deleted if automatic spam deletion is active

Concentrate on the recipient with a TalkTalk email address. Ask that person to use their webmail account and check the Trash folder / check the blocked senders filter for your email address / check other filters for filtering off the homecall.co.uk domain.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 28

Hello Gondola,

I have made the test you suggested by opening webmail and sending emails to the two contacts who do not receive my emails. To ensure it is not a problem with my address book I replied to messages from them that were in my inbox. One has a gmail account and the other (who  has not received my emails for a couple of years) has a talktalk account with @talktalk.net address.

Both have confirmed by independent means that they have not received the test messages.  That would seem to rule out my email client as the source of the problem.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Hi @KannyKen

To troubleshoot this just concentrate on the two recipients that do not receive your emails.

Test with a send of email from your Homecall webmail account.

Do both of them receive those emails?  What email domains do they use; both gmail?

0 Likes

Message 26 of 28

Thank you for the advice.

I have never received any error messages in these cases. I am using the email client Microsoft Outlook as part of MS Office 365 Personal which I have by annual subscription so it is always up to date. As far as Outlook is concerned my messages are delivered. Often, it is to a number of recipients and usually all but the two I write about receive my emails. On rare occasions when another recipient has changed email address and closed the previous account I do receive an error message  but never get an error message about the two people who mysteriously do not receive my emails. Both have been contacts for years and previously had no problem. It only became obvious in both cases when they sent me emails asking why I had not sent anything to them and then did not receive my reply until I tried using another account.

I have no intention to use the webmail account because compared to Outlook it is a pain in the proverbial.

I started to look at the advice on setting for a homecall account but am totally confused. Having been originally a Pipex customer then Tiscali then Talktalk via a series of takeovers and mergers my main email address is  xxxxxxx@homecall.co.uk. The setup procedure always forces this to be POP3 but the TalkTalk advice says imap is preferred. How is it possible to change when there is no option to make it so?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 27 of 28

Hi @KannyKen

Email is always a best efforts communication and there are many reasons for email not getting to its destination.

Usually a failure to send or a failure to accept will result in an error message back to your email inbox.  What error messages have you received?

If you use the Homecall webmail there's not usually any problem wherever you are. Test with a send of email from your Homecall webmail account.

But Homecall email via an email client will only work on the TalkTalk network for authentication reasons. Homecall does not provide secure email facilities.

It's not unusual for recipients of insecure email to reject that email as potentially spam.  This is nowadays the principal reason for email not reaching its destination. Either the sending email server limits the number of insecure emails sent under its spam control policies. An intermediary server classes the email as spam and doesn't pass it on or the recipient server rejects the email as spam.

Just to make sure your email client settings are correct, the settings are in this help page. (Homecall email settings Click here).

0 Likes