Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Some emails bouncing

6 REPLIES 6
Stuboy
Whizz Kid

OK I have been onto my server provider who have checked their end and tell me that you (talktalk) are bouncing some incoming emails. Here's what i can attach of the bounced header I have, (had to send it to me via hotmail):-

Reporting-MTA: dns; www151.your-server

Action: failed
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

stuart@
host mx.cust.a.hostedemail.com [216.40.42.4]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
571 5.7.1 Message contains spam or virus or sender is blocked :
water94_8db1b1e22103f

Final-Recipient: rfc822;stuart@
Remote-MTA: dns; mx.cust.a.hostedemail.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 571 5.7.1 Message contains spam or virus or sender is blocked : water94_8db1b1e22103f

This is not the first time i have had emails bounced but at least this time i have the headers, can you explain to me what is failing at your end please?

Regards

Stuart

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Stuart, I did a blacklist search for the sending IP from your post. Here's the result

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Stuboy
Whizz Kid

i think you might be seeing somethnig different from me, it wants me to login.

Whats the gist of it was it banned?

Regards

ferguson
Community Star

Just dismiss the login window by clicking on the x top right.

Stuboy
Whizz Kid

yep did that, not sure what i am ment to be reading?

ferguson
Community Star

The IP address for the mail server has been blacklisted. 

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Yeah sorry I should've been more clear. The IP is blocked and the message from the blocking server says that it can't be lifted on request. The reputation of the server has to improve before the block is lifted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.