email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else using my email address

mich1987
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Someone is using my email address and sending emails i can see them in my sent box and its not me

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi mich1987, Gondola's advice is great as always.

Please post back and let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @mich1987 

To lock out the unauthorised user you must change your mailbox password.

Enter your email address, select Continue.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

Check you have password recovery Reset details set up.

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option. Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA security and select Continue. If there's an alternate email address or mobile number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please select one to send a password reset. If you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail then for routine password changes select the password reset to be sent to the account itself or, preferably, update Reset details via the TalkTalk Mail main settings menu then use the Forgotten your Password journey.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer, home broadband, or MailPlus, mail only, customer? Provided the password has not been reset then if you know the current email password you can change the password in MyAccount > My Services > Manage TalkTalk Mail. 

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution