email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting legacy Pipex webmail logon after upgrade

GEG63
Whizz Kid
Message 14 of 14

My wife and I had the upgrade today to our pipex.dsl.com email addresses (they come from the same email account) We both collect our emails via an Outlook client and this now works fine for both of us.

However if I try to log on to my Webmail via https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/  as soon as I enter my pipex email address I get the old legacy Pipex-Homecall logon page which asks for the username and password -so I don't get to the new Webmail box. Strangely though on entering my wife's pipex email address it then asks me for the password and I get to the new Webmail box. So two email addresses from the same account logging on via the same logon page get you to the either the old or the new webmail pages!

I would like to be able to put a link to my Webmail on my phone as I use that a lot but would prefer the new Webmail and I understand the old legacy logon will be closed down soon.

Any idea what's happening.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Thanks for posting to let us know GEG63. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 14

Hi Adey

my email was migrated on the 1st October and its working fine so far as is my webmail.

However I strongly suspect that over the weekend when the problem occurred I lost some emails sent to me -probably nothing of great importance. However anyone following this thread should be aware of that.

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 14

NO
IT ISN'T WORKING

Supposed upgrade, etc.

I'm reciving emails, but, again/still can't send, except very erratically, maybe.

I hvae no idea whether the new actual TalkTalk login works, nor whether the old legacy one is stil there or not.

( This post is copied from a n other thread on  - I think - the same subject )

From my "normal"/user p.o.v. it's irrelevant as to whether it's the new migrated platform, or the old one ...

I still cannot guarantee to send emails,

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi GEG63, all the mail addresses are handled seperately. The last of the pipex mailboxes were migrated yesterday. If your mailbox hasn't been migrated please let us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Thanks Stephen

I received the notification that my email had been upgraded as did my wife. I have three email addresses all linked to the same original Pipex Mailbox - two are mine and one is my wife's. My wife's upgrade went ahead OK and she can access the new webmail. Neither of mine did. However I am puzzled. Since they are all from the same mailbox I would have thought all three email addresses would have been transferred together or not as the case may be. Is that correct?

0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Message 6 of 14

Hi gege63,

We're seeing reports that things are getting back to normal so you should have access soon, we'll officially confirm resolved once we have confirmation of that from our support teams. The migrations are happening in batches so it's possible you've not been migrated just yet.

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Message 7 of 14

Well today I was at least able to access my emails via the old legacy webmail page and able to download them to Outlook. However I still get the legacy Pipex login page when trying to login to webmail rather than the new Webmail page.

Looks like IT have first managed to get people's emails back to the old server so they could access them before hopefully sorting out the problem of getting these email addresses to link to the new webmail.

We will see.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Well no change so far today. I have done some experimenting.

If I send and email to my Pipex email address from a Yahoo account I have it isn't received in my  old Pipex mailbox and doesn't come through when I check via my Outlook client. However if I send one to myself or send it to me from my wife's account it works. So it looks like I can't receive external email - only email from my own primary mailbox account addresses..So there is an POP3 problem somewhere.

I have been able to send an email to my Yahoo account so it looks like the SMTP end is working.

My Yahoo account can send emails to my wife's email so it looks like her POP3  is working  OK but of course her email address can log on to the new mailbox system while mine can't

So I currently I can't receive any external emails .

I thought the upgrade had been working OK as I had emails downloaded via Outlook but these were clearly emails that had been received prior to the upgrade. Testing the Outlook account settings also worked but of course I was simply sending a test email to myself which actually works anyway. Hence my optimism about the upgrade succeeding was unfounded!

Is the part and parcel of the problems other people seem to be reporting recently in this forum?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi GEG63 

Your wife's email address is apparently deemed by TalkTalk as a primary mailbox address and if the mailbox is working well on send and receive on the TalkTalk Mail platform and via Outlook then that's perfect.

Your mailbox is apparently awaiting the upgrade or the TalkTalk authentication system is awaiting the mailbox address in order to let you sign in.

What I'd say is await to see if the upgrade and or update of the authentication system happens overnight.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

If I sign in with my primary email address I get the legacy email page. If I sign in with my own secondary email address I get the same. If I sign in with my wife's secondary email address I get the new Talk Talk email.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

And are you signing in with the primary mailbox address and password? 

Bear in mind that only mailboxes for primary email addresses are being created. No mailboxes for alias email addreses but the alias address will be recognised when incoming mail is received and direct that mail to the primary mailbox.  

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi Gondola

we both got the confirmation of upgrade email at the same time. According to TalkTalk we both have been upgraded.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @GEG63 

I'm delighted to see you say that Outlook is working fine for your dsl.pipex.com email addresses.

Your wife's dsl.pipex.com email address is upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform. She can sign in at https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite and enter the password and enjoy the new TalkTalk Mail.

Your email address is not recognised as having a mailbox on the new TalkTalk Mail platform so you're getting redirected back to the old homecall webmail login.

Are you still waiting on your Upgrade Complete mail message from TalkTalk?

0 Likes