Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Suspension of email

2 REPLIES 2
Mark Palmer
First Timer

@OCE

Please suspend my email account as I think it has been hacked. I cannot get into it, cannot send or receive emails and it does not accept password. i am unable to get into My Account for same reasons.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Mark

To link this topic to your TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

TalkTalk don't suspend mailbox sign in's so there are two options for you.

1. Secure the mailbox with a password change
  2. Permanently delete the mailbox via your MyAccount

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password? option. Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA security and select Continue. If there's an alternate email address or mobile number shown that you positively recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please select one to get a password reset.

If the email address is also used as the MyAccount login then try the password recovery for MyAccount.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset options aren't available if you let us know that's the case. A TT Staff member will then verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details so you can get the email password changed.

Tip: If you don't know how the mailbox was compromised then before changing any passwords do scan your devices and remove viruses and malware that may be capturing passwords.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mark Palmer, I can help you get the password reset details changed. I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.