email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TALKTALK EMAIL CLIENT!

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 9 of 9

TalkTalk Email Client.png

The current, unacceptable data, came straight from Google, so what, acceptable data, do I enter in its stead?

~R.

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

TalkTalk Mail Client #4 INSTALLED.png

~R.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

In response to Post No.2, firstly, the account was already designated IMAP, and Google was aware of that fact; and secondly, I would unreservedly uninstall a non-viable account, before attempting a re-install, anyway - although in this instance, there was initially no account to remove!

The settings advised, to replace the ineffectual ones, were the same, and therefore, equally ineffectual, but in the interim, a Yahoo account was installed cleanly, without hesitation, and with minimal effort - so cleary there was nothing wrong with the WebMail application itself!

Having made further attemps to install a Google account ............

TalkTalk Mail Client #1 WARNINGS.png

..... and been bombarded with a range of warnings and errors .............

TalkTalk Mail Client #2 ERRORS.png

.............. laying the problem at various doors; I gave up!

Clearly I wasn't receiving any Google mail on the TalkTalk mail client Google account at this time, because although the account was displaying as installed, it wasn't, and was therefore not viable.

It wasn't until I closed the TalkTalk WebMail application therefore, and returned to Thunderbird, that I received the following notifications ................

TalkTalk Mail Client #3 ALLERTS.png

.......... at which point all became clear.  Google needed TalkTalk to provide an ASP before it would permit the latter access, and permit a Google account to be installed!

So the question arises, how secure IS the TalkTalk Client⁈

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 9

Not sure what happened to my brain. It looks like I was thinking faster than typing or typing faster than I was thinking. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Acknowledged.  ~R

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Me neither. Let me retype that for you. 

Hi TheHornedOne, Gondola will help you get this sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 9

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi TheHornedOne, you Gondola will help you get this sorted

I do not totally comprehend your above statement OCE_Ady, could you expand on it please!

~R.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi TheHornedOne, you Gondola will help you get this sorted. 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Follow these Gmail instructions.

You may need to select the dustbin icon to remove the Gmail account from TalkTalk and reinstate the Add email account and follow the Gmail procedure to allow (so called) less secure apps to access your Gmail.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution