email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TISCALI ISSUES

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 5 of 5

In connection with my ongoing issues reported earlier - lack of e-mails into and inability to send from my Line One address - I am now getting a message on my iMac saying:

"Online Status - Connections to host impact.tiscali.co.uk on the default ports failed."

Whatever work TALK TALK have been doing in the last few hours has had a catastrophic impact on their customers.....

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

OK, so not a new issue. Same as here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/TALK-TALK-LINE-ONE-SERVER-DOWN-AGAIN-UNABLE-TO-SEND-OR-REC...

Moderator Note:  This is a duplicate topic.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 2 of 5

Message was:

""Online Status - Connections to host imap.tiscali.co.uk on the default ports failed."

0 Likes

Fizzbin2000
Chat Champion
Message 3 of 5

Sorry - I mistyped.  Or auto-correction was responsible.

I will post again when the message appears again.

Just to say that I had no problems (or only rarely) with the settings on my iMac.

I dare not make any changes given what has already happened with my iPAD this morning.

Everything seems to have gone wrong - across all my devices - in the last few hours.

All down to some "maintenance" TALK TALK did......

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

@Fizzbin2000 wrote:...I am now getting a message on my iMac saying: "Online Status - Connections to host impact.tiscali.co.uk on the default ports failed." Whatever work TALK TALK have been doing in the last few hours has had a catastrophic impact on their customers.....

There is no such mail server as impact.tiscali.co.uk

Not at all surprised that the name fails.

The recommended mail server name is mail.talktalk.net for incoming mail and smtp.talktalk.net for outgoing mail

The full set of recommended settings for all TalkTalk Mail domains in your email client(s) / apps are shown here:

Upgrade your legacy mail settings

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution