email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TInyworld email suddenly inaccessible

Daffodil2
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Our main email account with TalkTalk is tiscali.co.uk but associated with this is a tinyworld.co.uk account which we could only access via our PC which uses Windows 10 Home 21H1.  On attempting to open the Tinyworld account a message at the top of the screen appeared “we couldn’t access this account Tinyworld You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device”

Under email and account settings, the Tinyworld email says “attention required” and we have tried both “manage” and “fix” to no avail. 

We haven’t changed any email settings, which are incoming IMAP.tiscali.co.uk:993:1 and outgoing SMTP.tiscali.co.uk:587:0.

please help - this is a real problem for us, thank you

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi Daffodil2, it's great to see such fantastic support from Gondola. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Hi Daffodil2 

Have you upgraded the tinyworld email password and updated the Windows Mail app and is your email, following those changes, now flowing once more?

We would appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Daffodil2 

Good that you're a TalkTalk home broadband customer, that you have a tiscali email address as your MyAccount login and that both of your email addreses, including the tinyworld email address, are listed in your My Mailboxes. That will safeguard them from being limited to webmail only access and subsequent deletion so that's perfect.

Both of the email addresses are legacy addresses so when used with an email app like Windows Mail need to be set up to use the talktalk.net server host name as previously mentioned. You still use the tiscali.co.uk and tinyworld.co.uk full email addresses as the Usernames along with their respective email passwords but the server host names need updating to talktalk.net. mail.talktalk.net or imap.talktalk.net for the incoming server and smtp.talktalk.net for the outgoing server.

But first you should check that the mailbox works ok by signing in to each via webmail, signing out and then signing in to the other just to prove that you know the password. Even so, if the password is weak then the mail platform might still not allow a sign in via an email client until the password is strengthened.

Hopefully you'll have pre-registered for password recovery an alternate email address and mobile number. Either can be selected in the password reset process to receive an emailed link or a 6 digit code by mobile text message to authenticate a password change. It's worth checking these Reset details are present and correct before opting to change the password. 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Update your reset details is an option on the main settings menu (triple line icon on the top right header or cog icon on a mobile browser).

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Changing your email password

Upgrade your legacy mail password

Daffodil2
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

We have a TalkTalk fasterfiber broadband & Tv account. 
In my account.talktalk.co.uk , under My Account both my email addresses are listed, with the tiscali button highlighted for “My Account login and online billing” and both email addresses are listed under “mailboxes”

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi Daffodil2 

I see you're using Windows Mail with Windows 10 but you're still using legacy tiscali settings.

Windows Mail server settings talktalk.net

Heads up also that orphan email addresses, that's TalkTalk Mail addresses (including the tinyworld domain) not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount, are being limited to Internet browser webmail access and flagged for deletion if no action is taken*. TalkTalk email notifications are being sent.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus, mail only, subscriber customer and if so is the TalkTalk Mail email address added to your customer MyAccount?  Let us know your customer status and if you're taking a full-fibre home broadband service from TalkTalk. Manage TalkTalk Mail options are not yet included in the full-fibre MyAccount management. 

Email not showing in My Account

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in. If you know the current tinyworld email password you'll get signed in via this webmail access.

* The action to take to restore email access on supported devices is:

• Add the email address to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount
  • If not a customer, rejoin TalkTalk for home broadband or subscribe to  TalkTalk MailPlus

About TalkTalk MailPlus