email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT512 & TT506 Rejections

Dlangley
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi, we're sending loyalty-program email on behalf of a large high-street retailer to TalkTalk recipients and are seeing a large increase in TT512 & TT506 bounces. Can anyone help me understand what these bounces mean?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Dlangley, Gondola already has this in hand for you. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Your response would suggest that you shouldn't be seeing too many TT506 bounce-backs.  The TT512 may therefore be the dominant bounceback where users may have marked the mail as unwanted by marking it as spam.

TalkTalk have this thread escalated into their workflow so you will receive a response from a TalkTalk Staff member.

Is/Are your sender IP address(es) showing as clean (not blacklisted) when you check via MXToolbox?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your help @Gondola. The invalid user / hard bounce rate is <0.4% of all email sent to TalkTalk users by this client, and those invalid addresses are immediately suppressed. Is there a postmaster / email address that I can use to supply more information (sending IP's etc.)?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Dlangley 

The email addresses you're sending to are either incorrect, which implies your database is out of date (or corrupted), or the mailboxes are defined as undeliverable, which in many cases will mean that the recipients, if they have active mailboxes, are rejecting your mail messages.

The prudent thing to do is to expunge the addresses from the database because if you're sending to too many incorrect or blocking mailboxes your sender could get blacklisted or at the least rate limited by the spam protection system.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution