email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWO new problems (!)

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 2

With my new computer, ...

1]  It seems that TaklTalk's own internal firewall/anti-virus is fighting my paid-for- &-subscribed-to "Norton" anti-virus & backup systems. so that it's not backing up properly.

Apparently I need to either turn one or both of these to "off" or a lower level, to enable Norton to do it's job.

Where do I start on this?

I really need that Norton both ant-virus & backup to work.

2] Following "Gondola's" brilliant help, I now have a fully-working email system, with back-up ... but there are a pair of anomalies I want to remove.

In the TalTakl Home email window the files are arranged, thus:

Inbox

drafts

Drafts

Arrow-symbol - Sent ( with subdirectories )

Drafts

Sent Objects

Spam

Trash

I only need ONE "drafts" & I'm none too sure about the subdirectories in the first "sent", though I don't think I need the second "Sent objects" dir

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In my "Outlook" home email window - I see:

Inbox

drafts

Sent

Trash

Drafts

Sent

Trash

etc ...

BASIC QUESTION:  How do I get rid of the duplications & make sure that the two sets of directories match each other?  And that messages go to the correct places, of course.

It's obviously an artefact of the new system trying to match up with the old ( I think )

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi GregTingey, if there's a conflict between Anti Virus products that would suggest you've got SSB installed. If you have you can use the Fsecure Removal Tool to clear out any registry entries that might remain from a simple uninstallation. Otherwise the only other possibility is the virus checker on the network and you can disable that in MyAccount - MyServices - HomeSafe Settings. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes