Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Deactivating Homecall email login page

2 REPLIES 2
lpjp90
First Timer

Today I had an email from TalkTalk. It said your homecall.co.uk address is powered by TalkTalk and your email experience is important to us. So we're giving you an upgrade to an improved email service. You'll find it faster, more reliable and secure, plus all your favourite features will still be there as well as some new ones. The homecall.co.uk login page will soon be deactivated so bookmark the new page for easy access. Also the Contacts & Calender will not be transferred so you need to save these details somewhere safe.

I use Mozilla Thunderbirds to send and receive my Homecall.co.uk emails. I do not use TalkTalk. Also my server uses POP3.homecall.co.uk. The new TalkTalk service uses IMAP.

If I do not agree to use the new update will my Thunderbirds emails cease to function properly?

Do I need to make any changes to my Thunderbirds server settings? 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @lpjp90 

The email from TalkTalk advises you about the upgrade of your homecall mailbox from the insecure homecall platform to the secure TalkTalk Mail platform.

You'll receive a sequence of mail messages from TalkTalk so when you receive the mail message from TalkTalk that your upgrade is complete then you'll be able to sign in via the TalkTalk Mail sign in page.  Although you collect mail using the Thunderbird email client and that will continue to work it's recommended that you do make the initial sign in via the TalkTalk Mail webmail page, that you are asked to bookmark in your bowser, so you can set up password recovery Reset details.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub has some advice about preparing for the upgrade.

When you can sign in do please set up your password recovery Reset details. These are accessed via the main settings menu and the menu item Update your reset details.

Menu options - Update your reset details

Then you'll be able to follow the advice on changing your email password.

Homecall is currently hosted on an insecure legacy mail server. When upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform you'll be able to use SSL/TLS encryption security. The platform also supports both IMAP and POP3. So whilst IMAP is recommended when using multiple devices to access mail you can use POP3.

The POP3 Homecall upgraded email settings are recommended as:

Account Type  POP3
Username firstname.lastname@homecall.co.uk
Password Yes
Authentication method Normal Password
Incoming mail server pop3.homecall.co.uk
Incoming Port 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Outgoing SMTP server smtp.homecall.co.uk
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
Outgoing Authentication Yes

Password requirements are a minimum 8 characters, multicase letters, number(s) and symbol(s).  I personally recommend a password based on multiple words, 12 - 15 multicase letters, numbers and symbol(s).

If you're a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer your mail is managed via the customer MyAccount. You'll need to make sure the homecall mailbox is added to MyAccount so it shows in the list of My Mailboxes. Managing your email in My Account 

If you're not a current TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer you'll need to know about TalkTalk Mail Plus. Mail Plus is offered so you can keep your TalkTalk mailbox active via a dedicated customer MyAccount for as long as you need to whilst not having an active broadband service with TalkTalk that comes complete with up to 5 free TalkTalk managed mailboxes on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi lpjp90, the migration of your mailboxes to the new platform will happen in that you don't have a choice. If you decide not to use your email address that is your choice and you have several options, but I think once you get settled with the new look you'll find it easy to use and very logical in it's setup, with the added benefit that it's much more secure than the platform you're currently using.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.