email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription

Lthomas
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

I was sent an email about my TalkTalk Mail plus subscription that was due for renewal. I could not log into my TalKTalk account as it appears that a tiscali.co.uk email address can no longer be used as the login email address for a TalkTalk account. Eh? I eventually managed to get onto a Chat and set up a new Gmail account at this was then linked by TalkTalk support to my TalkTalk account. I can now log into my TalkTalk account, but under Email in My Services it shows that I have no active subscription. I suspect in the time it took to get into my account the existing subscription expired.

There is no option to renew the subscription and my Tiscali email address is not listed. How can I get this reinstated?

Please help! Thank you. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Lthomas, please answer the questions in the below link to enable us to access your account and help with your questions:
https://smm.page.link/Afy94RW9YNbSNALh6 

If you don't have a Telephone Enquiry Password, follow our guide to create one or select the "I don’t have a password" link to answer some different questions. Setting up your telephone password

Thanks 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 10

Hi Lthomas, I can take a look at this for you. I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 10

The situation you're experiencing is unexpected.  I'll alert TalkTalk Support to raise a fault ticket.  You'll need to be able to access the email address so you can access the MyAccount to then make the subscription payment.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Lthomas
First Timer
Message 4 of 10

Hi Gondola,

Thanks for your continued help. 

The original webmail password that I have is not working. I go through the Forgotten Password journey and get a code sent via text to my phone. I enter the new password I want, which is one I have not used before and fulfills the string password requirements. When I click on ok I get a message that the password reset cannot be completed at this time, please try later. 

The password reset option is broken which leaves me stuck. I can’t find on the TalkTalk site where to get back on a Live Chat with someone and hence turning to the community. 

Any further suggestions?

Thanks again. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

You did say the password change wasn't carried out so have you tried the webmail sign in using the original password?

When trying a password change via the Forgotten password journey do you see recognisable password change options of your alternate email address and mobile 'phone number?  Did you use the mobile 'phone number option to get a 6-digit text sent to your mobile?

When going for a new password you must not use any password previously used for the last 5 changes.  And the password must be at least 8 characters preferably 12 - 15 multicase letters and numbers and a symbol.

What's your take on the password status?  Do you think it might have been deemed weak or compromised?  Wondering if the mailbox has been suspended. Normally a password change via your registered password recovery mobile would be the best method. 

Lthomas
First Timer
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for your further reply.

if I try to log in at the link you provided, the password I think should be correct does not work. If I click on the Forgotten Password link, I go through the steps and enter a new password (twice) and then get a message saying that it could not be completed at this time and to try again later.

So, as it stands there does not appear to be any way to reset a password on the Mail Plus Account.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Yes, you'll have a home broadband MyAccount and a brand new MailPlus MyAccount. 

You're being signed in to the former home broadband MyAccount.

Is the tiscali email account still active?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Just need to know that you know the email password and you can sign in to webmail.

Lthomas
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for your reply Gondola.

The issue from the start is that I cannot login with the details I have on file for my TalkTalk Mail Plus account, and the password reset process did not work. It just said it could not be completed at this time and to try again later. Then I eventually got into a live chat and gave my TalkTalk details which then got linked to my new Gmail account. Is it possible that I had two TalkTalk accounts, one for my original broadband and then a new separate one set up for the Mail Plus Subscription?

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi Lthomas 

When you first subscribed to TalkTalk MailPlus did you validate the tiscali email address and its password to be authenticated to subscribe to MailPlus?  If so, the tiscali email address and its password would be the sign in credentials for the MailPlus MyAccount. And the tiscali email address would automatically be listed.

Therefore I don't believe that the Customer Service agents have correctly identified your MailPlus MyAccount.  Which is why you cannot see the tiscali email address showing in the My Mailboxes list.

Sign in to your MyAccount here using the same credentials you used when you first signed up to MailPlus.