email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Mail down : Restored 12:20

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 35

10:24 TalkTalk Mail down.

The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page. 

Service restored 12:20

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

34 REPLIES 34

1Cherry1
Team Player
Message 21 of 35

The following is a little misleading as POP3 access also fails. It is not just webmail.

It should state "TalkTalk email accounts."

"We're aware customers are unable to login to their TalkTalk webmail account. Customers are seeing an error message `Connection time out. Please try reloading the page.` 

Latest update: 11:20am 19 November 2020

We are currently investigating this issue and will update you here when we have further information. We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time. "

0 Likes

laurie2
Conversation Starter
Message 22 of 35
It's also a problem receiving emails via Thunderbird, though I can send them.
0 Likes

Message 23 of 35

Yes spot on. TalkTalk Mail is down and impacting all email client connections.

Message 24 of 35

Hi @laurie2 

You will be able to send via Thunderbird but you'll need to save the sent message locally as it isn't going to be uploaded to the TalkTalk mailbox Sent objects folder. Just mentioning that so you'll know not to expect to see your sent messages online when the connection to the TalkTalk Mail platform is restored.

Message 25 of 35

@1Cherry1, responding to your earlier post,  I have been able to forward my Talktalk emails automatically to Gmail for years.

Really useful if an email app doesn't work well.

Had no problems with it at all.

Worth you taking another look in there....when you regain access.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 26 of 35

Service restored 12:20

Message 27 of 35

Mine is a Onetel email address.
I have had no options previously. Horde did not allow it.

Does the new app allow it?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 35

@1Cherry1, mine is straightforward from an @Talktalk.net address. 

Maybe start a new thread about this and I am sure @Gondola will be able to advise you about what is and isn't possible?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 29 of 35

Oh no it isn't.

I'm still getting:

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for xxxxx@talktalk.net.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for xxxxx@talktalk.net. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

as at 13:01.

That is on TWO different PCs although I have had some come through on my phone.

0 Likes

Enni H
First Timer
Message 30 of 35

The problem with accessing e-mails has not been fixed, despite indications to the contrary.  I am still receiving the 'connection timed out' notification when trying to access mail directly from the talktalk site.  Also still unable to access Talktalk mail via Outlook.  So frustrating.  😞 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 35

Try the Retry link after a little while and the connection to the mailbox will be checked again.

At times like these when a lot of users are trying to reconnect all at the same time it's easy for some to exceed the sign in window time and not get connected. But try again and you should get connected.

Message 32 of 35

Hi all, there was a problem on our supplier's database servers. They were reset and the problem should be cleared now. Please let us know if you're still having problems. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 33 of 35

I still cannot access emails ERROR Connection timed out

0 Likes

Message 34 of 35

Hi Chester68 

Try a different browser. You should be able to sign in after clearing the cookies and cache in the existing browser but a new browser would have the same effect and allow you to sign in.

Enter your email address, select Continue.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

Message 35 of 35

Hi Chester68, have you got this sorted now?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes