email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk app for android

andy1951
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Why can I not find the app in Playstore? It seems that in 2020 something was going ahead but nothing there. Just other app providers tagging their offer as talktalk

GMail app downloaded easily so perhaps the answer is to not use my Tiscali address any more.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi andy1951, it's great to see that Gondola helped you find the help you needed. 

Thanks for taking the time to post back to say thanks.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

That worked perfectly. I did not need to use all the info as after entering the main elements GMail set it up itself.

I would not have guessed at the TalkTalk.net advice!

Very much appreciate your clear and quick advice.

Message 3 of 7

Hi @andy1951 

The Gmail app usually sets up fairly easily although the manual settings do need checking.

The server names end in talktalk.net even though it's a tiscali email address. The app verifies the incoming and outgoing server settings so you know if the setup for both receiving and sending mail is good.

When starting to Add the email account to the Gmail app:

• You select Other and Enter your email address and NEXT
  • Select Personal (IMAP) account and NEXT
  • Enter the password

Then these are the Incoming and Outgoing server settings for a tiscali.co.uk email account. You'll probably need to edit the mail server names to make sure the incoming server is prefixed by mail. and the outgoing server is prefixed by smtp.

Account Type  IMAP (recommended)
Username username@tiscali.co.uk
Password Tiscali email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Security Type SSL/TLS
Outgoing SMTP server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security Type STARTTLS
Require sign-in Yes (green switch)

Let us know if that's good.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 7

I have just tried to add to GMail

Clicked on POP3 for type of account

When I get to Incoming Server Settings I see "Couldn't open connection to server"

Server shows as tiscali.co.uk and Port 110 (whatever that means!!)

Security Type is None "E mail security not guaranteed"

Further guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Many thanks, I will give that a try and get back to you if I need further advice

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @andy1951 

The TalkTalk Mail app for android was released some time ago for trial. I'm continuing to use the app but new downloads are not available and a decision on full release has been deferred to concentrate on the desktop app.

You can add your tiscali.co.uk email address to the Gmail app and that works well. If you like the way that Gmail present your messages then go for that solution. If you need help in the setup then just say.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution