email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk complaint handling !!

delboyo
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

Having registered a complaint and been given a Reference I got a text message today asking me to call a number which when called asked me to tell them my account details etc.  The trouble is I don't have an account any longer.  Just what is wrong with this company?  Apart from just about everything that is.  The number is one I have used before and I usually end up talking to somebody who cannot help at all and who is based in the Philippines. Not only that they also refuse to give me a UK based Customer Support number - if there is such a thing.  I guess I'll have to contact Ofcom or whoever.    

10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

I'm not picking an argument.  I'm just astonished at your refusal to acknowledge any aspect of TT's gross behaviour towards their "customers".  There again, they pay your wages and no doubt have sent you on courses in how they expect you to treat customers.  As an ex IT Manager it's not how I would have expected my customers to have been treated.

Message 2 of 11

I won't argue with you as that achieves nothing for either of us. The other thread is there for all to see. 

I understand you're frustrated that after 20 years you would have had to pay for your mail, but I'm afraid that's not a fault it's just a fact. I can't fix it for you. You've opted to provide Google with even more data for their sales and marketing team to use and that's a fair call. You get free email at the cost of your data. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

No you weren't.

All you were doing was trying to justify the pure greed and total lack of Customer Service from TT.

How can you work for a company like that?  It must be totally frustrating to keep getting this level of complaints about them and NEVER see them do anything to improve their service to customers.

Message 4 of 11

Hi delboyo, I was trying to help you, I'd asked you relevant questions and was awaiting your answers. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Ady.

If you are such an expert why didn't you help me when I first brought up the problem I was having when trying to move my emails from Onetel.com  to my new GMAIL account?

TT have NEVER provided "the level of service we think our mail customers deserve".  If what TT have provided is the service level you think is acceptable then you should hang your heads in shame. It is impossible to speak with anyone in the UK and your call centre people in the Philippines haven't got a clue about anything.  Your "Chat box" is totally useless and if TT are spending a "fortune" supporting users like me why are you the only person handling Community queries? If TT improved your level of support (having a UK based Customer Service would help believe me) you wouldn't need to spend so much money would you???

As for the £5 per month charge for non TT account holders - TT seem to be the ONLY company in this field who dare to charge customers in this way.  I might still have been a TT account holder if the company hadn't been so damned greedy over broadband and land line charges in the first place.

Anyway, my grandson in Germany has resolved the problem and I have now transferred ALL my emails to GMAIL.

For anyone reading this who finds themselves in a similar situation and is fed up with the outrageous avarice of TT I suggest you look at NOW TV for a much cheaper deal and then review every 12 months as there are loads of good deals out there.

Goodbye TT - may you rot in hell. 

Message 6 of 11

Oh I can easily help you with this enquiry email is my speciality and I've been part of the migration process each time we've run the project. 

We've had to invest a massive amount of money to make the email platform work for all domains and the millions of mailboxes we support. For 15 years we've been supporting mailboxes with poor passwords that led to massive problems across the mail domains and despite most mailbox owners not being paying customers we spent fortunes supporting and managing those customer's mail. 

Sadly we've come to a point in time where the investment has to be repaid and we're asking less than many and indeed some ISPs just turn off your mail when you're no longer a customer. 

We don't want to rip you off and feel that £5 per month or £50 per year is a good price for 5 managed mailboxes with support across social media and on the telephone and livechat. We're aware that not all mailbox holders will choose to remain with us, but in order to provide the level of service we think our mail customers deserve we've got to make the charge and at least make a start on covering our costs. 

I know this means you still have to pay, but hopefully you can understand as you have had mail free from us for around 15 years and we most certainly aren't even attempting to recoup that cost, just cover our costs from now on as we feel we've delivered an excellent platform.

Ady

Message 7 of 11

In that case I suggest you pretend to be a customer and see how far you get with any sort of problem.   As I said before, I spent over an hour talking to a lady in the Philippines who didn't have the first clue what I was on about.  Kept saying "hold on while I talk to a colleague" but wouldn't put me through to the colleague who supposedly would have an answer or get anyone to call back.

While I was an "original" IT person from 1970, writing Assembler level programs on a 64K IBM 360/30), until I retired I don't know anything about POP (other than it could be a drink!) or IMAP.

I don't see why I should lose access to my Onetel.com  emails just because I no longer have Broadband or a TT land line connection and refuse to pay £5 a month to keep access to a new TalkTalk email address.  That is disgraceful business practice especially to someone like me who had been a TT customer for 20 years or more and only left because of TT's unadulterated avarice.

If you and others like you are TT experts then why aren't you running a UK based TT Help Desk?  Or is that too expensive for TT ? 

Message 8 of 11

Hi delboyo, I'm sorry you're unhappy with the complaints process. All our complaints handlers should be able to help you with any issue you raise no matter where they live in the world. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Who lives in the Philippines no doubt and hasn't got a clue what I'm talking about.

If what you say is true why don't they say so on the web site ???

Why is there nobody in the UK prepared to pick up a phone ?

Why is everything about (lack of) TalkTalk so useless and uncaring. Oh I know they just want money !!  Silly me.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi delboyo, I've not gone through the process myself. My colleague tells me that you need to press # 3 times and you'll be put through to an agent. 

Ady

0 Likes