email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk email only works on webmail and cant be added into phone / iPad or computer mail program

KeesDF
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

It seems my TalkTalk email account has been restricted and it is only allowed to work on the webmail. When adding this TalkTalk email account on an iPhone or iPad the notice that comes up is "No password provided for TalkTalk, Please enter a password" But the password has been added and it is correct. Nor does the email account install on Mac Mail or Windows Mail. Please note the password is correct as I can access my email via TalkTalk webmail. How can we go about checking if the email account has indeed been restricted? The account is a MailPlus only account and I no longer have an active Broadband / Phone service so just the email. Please can you let me know what I need to do to get this sorted? I feel if I ring TalkTalk they will not help me as they will not find a standard account under my name.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi KeesDF, when you login to MyAccount and check Manage Mail does the affected email show in that list? If not you need to add your email to your account to ensure full access and to make sure that your mailbox doesn't get deleted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi KeesDF 

If you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer your mailbox can get restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to  TalkTalk Mail Plus.  You indicate you are a Mail Plus subscriber so are you up to date with your Mail Plus subscription? i.e. you've not just subscribed and are waiting for the first subscription to be taken by a Direct Debit that hasn't been activated yet?

And for the email address in question that it is added to the Mail Plus MyAccount?

Let us know the actual status of your Mail Plus subscription and the relevant customer MyAccount.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here)

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es) that are restricted, notes and linked address etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

A TalkTalk Support member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution