email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk prize draw??

td123
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 10

I received an e.mail today (07/Oct/2021) saying " We just want to say thanks for staying with us.... blooming great prizes ..... Lots up for grabs including £10; £50; £100 ; £250 giftcards ... just click on the link below for your chance to win"

So - genuine or a scam?

Regards 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi td123, unbelievably we have indeed gone against all the advice we give our customers and sent out an email with click this link in it. Hard to understand why we would do this but we have. It's genuine you are safe to click away. Imagine the trouble this will cause when a scammer spots this and copies our branding again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

td123
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 10

Thanks for the link

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 10

@td123, in case you didn't spot this on another thread, it does appear to be genuine, so safe to go ahead:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Promotion-E-Mail/m-p/2820989#M309936

Staff response on there.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

td123
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 10

@Gliwmaeden2 

Mmm So it still might be legit? I'll hold off clicking on anything until an official statement. It would be nice to win a £250 voucher for mastercard - I could use it to cover some (but sadly not all) of my  annual gas & electric increase. 

Regards

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

The authentic email I got in March re price rises did NOT show plc:

20211007_085333.jpg

Message 6 of 10

Thanks for the feedback. If it is genuine then that's both feet shot so TalkTalk haven't got a leg to stand on!

• Should have briefed us
  • Should have got the mail properly authenticated

Although it does depend on the way you collect messages to validate via the padlock.

Best to hold on for an official statement.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

td123
Whizz Kid
Message 7 of 10

@Gondola @Gliwmaeden2 

Good tip on the padlock.  I just checked historical e.mails and they have yellow padlock and this address:  info@consumer.talktalkplc.com   

The prize draw email does NOT have yellow padlock and shows an address as :   info@consumer.talktalk.co.uk   .... so no plc this time

Regards

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 10

Hi td123 

We haven't been briefed that these were going out. 

So, to help identify a genuine mail message in this case:

• Sent only to your MyAccount login email
  • Use your account holder name
  • If your email login is a TalkTalk Mail address then sign in to webmail to see that it's got a yellow padlock icon preceding the from address

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

It's very similar in tone to a 'thank you' that Talktalk sent some customers last year, and appears to be an authentic Talktalk sender address, @td123.

However we are hoping that staff on here will give us the affirmative, so that we can be absolutely certain. 

After all, the usual wisdom is, don't click on anything unless you are completely sure. 

@StephenF 

@Lorrainef