email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk refusing to work with Apple Mail - AGAIN

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 23 of 23

I am using AppleMail v. 13.4 on Catalina and TalkTalk is not communicating with it.

I can send and receive with another client (Thunderbird) or TalkTalk webmail but NOT with Apple Mail.

Please fix this. It happened before, recently, and took 5 days to fix.

From Tom: a Mac user since 1995
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 23

As I suspected - it has been fixed.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 23

Ah, OK. But no other posters are reporting issues with Apple Mail? 

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Because I know the fault is with TalkTalk - or rather, with TalkTalk's email provider which I think is called Xmail. They've done this before - most recently about 3 days ago after a 5-day outage. Experience has taught me to leave well alone and sooner or later they will fix it.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 23

Well, if all is working with webmail and Thunderbird then it does not point to a fault with TalkTalk so just use those in the meantime? And have a look at Apple Mail when you have the chance. 

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Because I'm right in the middle of something that requires a lot of intensive emailing. Haven't got time for anything else except to report the faujlt.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 23

Why not? It's a matter of a few minutes of your time. 

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 23

That's exactly what I don't want to do!

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 23

I cannot speak for TalkTalk Mail as I don't use it, but I have had the odd occasion when Apple Mail throws a hissy fit with other email services. If that happens then I remove it from the email client and set it up again from scratch. You could try that?

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 9 of 23

After a couple of days my Apple Mail (desktop) has gone back on the blink again - as of 15 minutes ago it has been receiving but is refusing to send and asking me for my password, but  doesn't recognise the password when I type it in.  Webmail is working fine (send and receive).  So is Thunderbird. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

That's great. How long was it not working for?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 11 of 23

It's working now thanks - without me changing anything, as usual . It will happen again.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi TominLondon, the work that Gondola referred to that is showing in Status Board is a simple migration of storage. This means that the only issue you would see is a bried failure of access, but a refresh would clear it. At present no one has reported any issues relating to that. If you're still suffering issues I'll struggle to get a ticket worked as it works fine in both Webmail and Thunderbird.  If others report issues with Apple mail then obviously I'd be able to have it investigated. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 13 of 23

If it is a directly related TalkTalk problem @TominLondon, then I would think it must be either fleeting, or localised, or it is an internal fault on your system; my systems at least [macOS High Sierra v10.13.6 / Mal v11.5] are currently firing on all 24 cylinders!

~R.

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 23

I'm not getting an error message. It just doesn't connect.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Hi TominLondon, what's the error message you're getting?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Yes, me too! Hopefully TalkTalk Support will pick this up this afternoon. Take care.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 17 of 23

And there's your answer. Every tine the tightlipped people do something with their system, it messes up my system. I've gone to lunch now.

Message 18 of 23

OK, you're saying that the device is a Mac but you're adamant that it's perfectly set up and working perfectly.  Just not connecting to the TalkTalk Mail servers.  But you've confirmed both webmail and Thunderbird client access are working and I can confirm that also.

You're absolutely right that TalkTalk Mail is hosted on the Open Xchange mail platform. No secret there. And there is mail maintenance in progress although exactly what is obviously a big secret because there are tight lips on what's happening behind the scenes.

You can track the notification on the  Service Status (Email) page. 

So, all I can do for you now is alert TalkTalk Support for you and see what they say.

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 19 of 23

The full story is that my Mac is working fine, including the Mac Mail application - until about 9 am this morning when it suddenly stopped connecting to TT servers- this happens on a regular basis and it always ends up with you going to your provider (yes, I know that TalkTalk actually gets its internet service from  third party provider) and getting it fixed, without me needing to do anything at my end. So that's what I expect to happen again this time.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Lovely. Please give us the full story. 

OS Catalina compatibility

0 Likes