email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Bat

EugeneP
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

Hi I use The Bat pro version 9.33 and cannot send email, I do receive it ok but for some reason cannot send it out.

Please find a picture of my setting.

Cheers

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi EugeneP, I'll leave you in the very safe hands of Gondola. If you need more help please let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 12

As it's just this mail software that's having problems the next step would be to remove the mail account from The Bat and set it up afresh.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 12

Still not  working so I give up for tonight..Thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

When you select the Authentication button just make sure the 'Regular' setting is used so that the username (full email address) and password is presented in clear text.

Message 5 of 12

Still the same not sending.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Eugene

The outgoing server is looking for authentication. So use this setting for the outgoing server:

Connection: Secure to dedicated port (STARTTLS)

i.e. change from regular port to dedicated port.  Continue to use port 587 for outgoing.

If not already done:

Select the 'Authentication' button
Tick 'Perform SMTP authentication'
Select 'Use specific settings'
Enter your username / password (full email address and password)
Select the 'OK' button

Hopefully this will make sure your full email address and password are correctly presented to the SMTP server for authentication.

Message 7 of 12
No errors from talktalk webmail or emclient which I also have it sends ok.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Sorry I misunderstood have attached the error message.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Eugene

'EugeneP' wrote:...I get no errors on The bat receiving mail

We are supposed to be fixing a mail sending issue, aren't we?

Do you get any error messages on sending mail via The Bat or via TalkTalk Mail webmail is what I need to know.

'EugeneP' wrote:... talktalk is telling me a couple of my email addys are suspended due to incorret crudentials...

At the risk of going off on unrelated issues we might as well get the suspended accounts sorted as well.  Where do you see the message about suspended accounts?  At the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in?  If so, you should upgrade their passwords - Changing your email password 

Message 10 of 12
I get no errors on The bat receiving mail but talktalk is telling me a couple of my email addys are suspended due to incorret crudentials...not the one I mention at the start.
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @EugeneP 

The Bat setup looks good. Everything I'd expect to see in The Bat. I'll remove the file from Community as there's personal data included.

Do you get an error message from The Bat when sending / receiving?

Tested in webmail to make sure the mailbox is working as expected without any error message there on sending?

Enter your email address, select Continue if prompted.

Enter your email password, select Sign in.

Compose and send yourself a mail message, to the same address, and check it is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives in and stays in the Inbox.

Any error message including TT error code and ESMTP error message and code would useful for diagnosis.