email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is having a problem

StephenJarvis
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

When I am writing an email the page suddenly collapses and says 'this page is having a problem' and there is an error code:- Error code: Out of Memory

What causes this as my storage is only half full?

4 REPLIES 4

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 5

Hi StephenJarvis 

Just to let you know that the cause of the 'out of memory' fault has been identified and does appear to have been fixed by the Advertising Management team. If using Edge or Chrome and not using an ad-blocker, let us know if you feel it's fixed or if you still get an 'out of memory' crash event.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi @StephenJarvis 

I have now replicated the issue. Windows 10 Edge Version 95.0.1020.53 (Official build) (64-bit) crashed whilst on TalkTalk Mail compose screen and when video advertising was running on the skyscraper panel (RHS). So far I've had no crashes when advertising is blocked. I normally run Ghostery as an ad-blocker and only when this was paused when composing an email did the crash happen.

Edge crash when running video advert 11-50pm 12Nov2021.png

I've replicated the crash twice now at the same point. As shown.

So, my quick fix would be to install an ad-blocker if you're not already using one.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

Haven't seen anything from you @StephenJarvis and as I cannot replicate what you and a couple of others are reporting we need further details to be able to diagnose the root cause. Looks like it could be a browser issue but quite what is triggering the crash is a mystery.

Does the crash happen only when composing an email for example?

Please let us know more about the device operating system, Edge browser version, the security software you have running and whether there are any ad-blockers or tracker blockers running. Do you see advertisements whilst using TalkTalk Mail webmail for example?

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi StephenJarvis 

How are you using TalkTalk Mail? Via the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in or using an email app or email client, like Outlook for example, connecting via IMAP or POP to your online mailbox?

What device are you using / Operating System and version / Browser version / Email app or software version?

I'm not aware of an 'Out of Memory' issue with TalkTalk Mail but Outlook is known to throw this error when dealing with large personal data files.

Do you use Symantec Security Software? There's a  known issue with out of date software.

Test the mailbox via an up to date Internet browser like Edge, Chrome or Firefox but update your security software first.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Compose and send, to the same email address as you're signed in to, a test message. Check that the message is copied in to the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox without any error messages appearing.

0 Likes