email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thousands of old and deleted emails keep downloading to my iPhone over the past 24 hours....

MrIan
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

For some unexplained reason, my iPhone has decided to download thousands of old and deleted messages from my talktalk / tiscali account.... I cannot stop them. Every time I open email it floods with hundreds at a time. This is eating all of my data allowance and a top up I needed to add as a result..... I am not happy as I need my email access to be switched on. I have never had this issue before, and it does not affect Outlook.

Can someone from TalkTalk please contact me and explain what the hell is going on? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Please keep us posted with your progress. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

The scenario with the Sent folder would indicate that Outlook is set up as a POP3 email account and stores anything sent from that device on the device only. 

If you send from webmail or any device email account set up as an IMAP email account then the webmail Sent objects folder gets synchronised with the IMAP devices so all share the same view. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 6

Many thanks for the advice. I'll try that. 

One other thing I've noticed though is that my sent email items folder on the phone has emptied - as has my sent mail folder on my talk talk webmail. Luckily I still have them in my outlook..... Does this suggest the problem may be with the TalkTalk server???

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi MrIan, Gondola will help you get this sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi MrIan 

For some reason your iPhone thinks the mail messages haven't been seen before. So, it's downloading them all afresh. It's a glitch on the iPhone.

Turn off mobile data and just switch on Wi-Fi to preserve your data allowance. Then switch off the phone, wait and switch back on. If that doesn't fix the glitch then delete the email account from the iPhone and set it up afresh.

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone and whilst setting up just ensure there's no Push setting for mail messages to be pushed to the 'phone.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution