email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tinyworld and Talktalk email issue

AnnieM70
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

As of last night my Tinyworld and Talktalk email accounts can no longer receive or send emails using either Outlook or Mail apps. I have deleted accounts and recreated but keep getting error message re Check email and password and timing out to server. I'm wondering if something has changed re security settings, anyone else having problems?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Great stuff. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 16

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk  think I'm sorted now.

Message 3 of 16

Hi AnnieM70, if you need anything checking re the account let me know and I'll gladly take a look at it for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 16

You're very welcome. Good to know that the DD details are updated with TalkTalk. One less thing to worry you come next renewal. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 16

Update @Gondola  - the logon issue has already been reported and they are trying to resolve it.  The direct debit has been updated so hopefully won't have the issue next year.  Thanks for all your help.

Message 6 of 16

I changed a number of direct debits at the same time and all others were fine.  Talktalk were notified by my bank that the old account was no longer to be used so don't understand why they don't have the new details.  Thanks for all your help, will try and get the login resolved.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi AnnieM70 

Ah, that explains why there's an issue. If you use the Banking Switch service to move your account to another then that will notify the DD beneficiary of the change of bank account. But if you just change the DD to another account then the beneficiary, in this case TalkTalk, doesn't get notified. You'd need to notify Customer Service Billing of the change. If you've now done that, as well as making up the missing payment(s), then TalkTalk can change the DD to be able to quote the new account details. 

Not being able to access the MailPlus customer MyAccount is something that TalkTalk Support need to fix. 

Message 8 of 16

Thanks @Gondola . I spoke with Customer Services this morning and have paid the balance. They said the DD was cancelled in February - it wasn't cancelled it was amended by the bank on my instruction to a new account number. My bank say the DD is still in place so now I don't know if it is coming out again. My emails are now working again but I still can't login to my Mail plus account. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Just to add that although you cannot at present login to your MailPlus MyAccount to make payment for the next 12 months' MailPlus subscription and if the current DD is not active / not being used then I have noted that at least two other MailPlus customers have been able to get Customer Service billing to take a one-off payment for MailPlus.

Message 10 of 16

Hi AnnieM70 

If the DD is still active with your bank then the billing system will try to setup payment 3 bank working days ahead of payment and if payment fails then there's normally a retry process. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support to investigate by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current home 'phone number (unless taking a full-fibre non voice service). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address, MailPlus customer account number and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Message 11 of 16

Further to last @Gondola I just checked......my payment is set up as a direct debit!  Last year the payment was on 7 December but my bill this year was saying it had to be paid by 3 December.  This may be the reason I've lost access via my apps as they were looking it earlier than expected?  My bank account hasn't changed etc and it wasn't taken out on 3 Dec.  Something not quite right!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Thanks again @Gondola I thought  I had set up a Direct Debit but I must have just made a one off payment. Now I can't log into my account to pay it. It just keeps saying there are technical issues try again later. I only received the email on Mon 29 Nov and it said payment by 3 Dec which I thought was automatic.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi AnnieM70 

The missing subscription payment is the cause of the limited access via webmail only. Full access would be restored via the billing system on making up the payment.

Normally the subscription is paid via Direct Debit (DD). You should be notified at least a week ahead of the DD payment being taken. 

When you talk about making a manual payment is there no DD set up?

AnnieM70
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 16

Thanks Gondola. I pay a yearly fee to keep my emails as I'm no longer a Talktalk customer. I thought the payment was taken automatically as I paid last year but now realise the payment was due on Friday and had to be manually done but when I log into my account now it doesn't show my balance anymore.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi AnnieM70 

Heads up that orphan email addresses, that's TalkTalk Mail addresses not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount, are being limited to Internet browser webmail access and flagged for deletion if no action is taken*. TalkTalk email notifications are being sent

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus, mail only, subscriber customer and if so is the TalkTalk Mail email address added to your customer MyAccount?  Let us know your customer status and if you're taking a full-fibre home broadband service from TalkTalk. Manage TalkTalk Mail options are not yet included in the full-fibre MyAccount management. 

Email not showing in My Account

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in. If you know the current email password you'll get signed in via this webmail access.

* The action to take to restore email access on supported devices is:

• Add the email address to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount
  • If not a customer, rejoin TalkTalk for home broadband or subscribe to  TalkTalk MailPlus

About TalkTalk MailPlus

If your email password has been changed it might be because of suspicious activity. 

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password

will take you to password reset and recovery.  If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, that you recognise from the hints as your current recovery methods, you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.