email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali Account Recovery

CharlieWooding
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hello there,

I'm trying to have my mother's old Tiscali account recovered, as it's the security back-up email for Xbox Live password/account recovery. However, my mother hasn't used her Tiscali account in over five years and has completely forgotten any sign-in details (though these would be useless as Tiscali accounts no longer exist). We have her email address but no passwords.

Is somebody able to look into this for me? I'm unable to recover the Xbox Live account at present as the recovery instructions have been sent to her old Tiscali account, which we have no access to.

Any help anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Ta,

CW

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi CharlieWooding, I'm afraid PMs aren't enabled on your profile and there's no one available with access to turn them on until Monday.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi CharlieWooding, I need to send you a personal message to obtain some security information from you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi CharlieWooding 

It's apparent that password recovery options are missing because you'd normally see those when using the forgotten password journey.  Also slightly surprising that an unused mailbox is still apparently active as mailboxes are normally flagged for deletion after 6 months of non-use.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user, assuming you are the customer account holder, and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.  But your mother may need to respond, if possible, if she is the registered email user.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current home 'phone number (if available). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery, other notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread (there's a few days wait for support to resume post Christmas) and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution