email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali Account Recovery

JoeBeighton
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hiya Community.

So a few months ago my mother lost access to her tiscali email due to a new computer and due to tiscali emails not being widely used, we have not been able to recover the account.

We need the email to recover other accounts for other services and I was wondering if this account is still recoverable without a password or recovery email? Would appreciate help.

Thanks a bunch,

Joe

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi JoeBeighton, to keep the account active your mum will need to sign up to TalkTalk Mail Plus. In the meantime as Gondola has said you need to get mum to register if possible so that we can update the reset details for the password.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Hi JoeBeighton 

The Forgotten password journey that shows you a hint to the email address you're trying to sign in to means the mailbox is active but doesn't have any password recovery set up.

Password recovery reset details are what TalkTalk Support will set up so that when the user tries the forgotten password journey they'll see up to 3 options including an alternate email address and mobile number.

TalkTalk Support do insist on communicating with the registered user of the email address to validate personal data that they'll match to the data they hold for the email address. That data would normally be provided by the account holder data at the time the email address was created. Heads up that the data must match.

If you can help mum to register that would be good. Post on this thread and help her to update her Community profile would be perfect.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7

Hiya Gondola,

When I try to login with the email account to WebMail, and when it puts me through to password reset, it says the email to reset password is the email I'm trying to get into.

I can probably get mum setup with an account yes. Should I still include the details you said on my private profile though?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi JoeBeighton 

That's good. An active email address just needs the registered user to be verified and password recovery reset details of an alternate active email address and mobile 'phone number both set up so that the user can send a password recovery reset link to the alternate email or code by text to the mobile to authorise a password reset that will regain access to the email account via webmail.

TalkTalk Support should respond from Monday onwards but will require to communicate with your mum unless you have Power of Attorney (POA) and registered with TalkTalk as a Nominated User. Is it possible for you to help mum to register with Community if there's no POA?

The process is that I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify the registered email user and set up the password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change can be sent.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current home 'phone number (if available). An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location) /
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery, mum's details / other notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you or mum to collect personal details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing mum to set a password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you/she can access the mailbox.

JoeBeighton
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Hiya Gondola:

She isn't a talktalk customer or MailPlus - I think this email is a pretty old one so it wasn't with TalkTalk.

Email address checked - it reads deliverable, which I assume it means it is still accessible right? It has definitely been less than 180 days since we lost the email. 

Basically, I'm fairly sure the email is still active. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi JoeBeighton 

Heads up that TalkTalk Mail addresses not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount are limited to Internet browser webmail access and flagged for deletion if no action is taken.

If no sign in is detected in 180 days the mailbox is flagged for deletion for non-use. Deleted email addresses and their mailboxes are not recoverable or recreatable.

Deleted Email error message

Is mum a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus, mail only, subscriber customer and if so is the TalkTalk Mail tiscali email address added to her customer MyAccount? 

Email not showing in My Account

If mum cannot sign in to webmail we need to check if the email address is still active. Send the email address a mail message and see if you get an immediate bounceback error message saying 'Undeliverable' that means the mailbox isn't active.

Then  enter the email address at Verifalia, an external website that verifies if an email address exists. Enter the email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button. Does the top line response say 'Deliverable' or something else?

Finally, use the Reset password now button in the Help page  Changing your email password to see if you get a deleted or no domain error message.  I assume from what you say that mum does not see any password recovery options saved and may see just the hint for the tiscali email address.

Let us know the outcome in each case including any error messages and we'll guide you from there.

About TalkTalk Mail Plus