Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Tiscali E-mail stuck in loading.

22 REPLIES 22
walkingdude1
Popular Poster

Hi,

I have had a Tiscali e-mail for several years even though I am no longer with talktalk but have always been able to use it as my primary e-mail. Several months ago I started having issues with it going to the home page but then getting stuck saying it was "Loading" new e-mails but not actually doing anything. For the last 6 months I have had to use outlook to see new mail but cannot get access to any old ones. I have reported it several times on live chat and have reset my password several times and tried opening it on different devices with different browsers but it always gets stuck on loading. I have seen several people report similar issues and just wandered if anyone had any joy with getting it sorted. Any help much appreciated.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @walkingdude1

The symptoms are of a mailbox in need of a repair job running.  Slow to load up or not loading up at all and then not showing all of your emails because the server presumably cannot link to them.

Just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the email address (when you were a former Tiscali customer).

Full postal address that the email was linked to when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number for you to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is to verify the details on record for the service account that the email was related to.

This topic has been escalated for the attention of the OCE's (TalkTalk Community support team) and the email expert will respond to you right here from Monday onwards to help you with access to your mailbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

walkingdude1
Popular Poster

Many thanks Gondola,

Have entered all the required information, thanks for the quick reply.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi walkingdude1, I've just checked and the email address in private notes in your profile doesn't appear on our mail database. Is the address correct?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

walkingdude1
Popular Poster

Hi

OCE_Ady

Unfortunately, it's no longer showing in the email database. I suspect it isn't working because your Outlook can't connect to it properly. If I log a fault ticket they'll tell me it's been deleted.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

walkingdude1
Popular Poster

Hi OCE_Ady

Outlook is connecting to the e-mail fine and is still pulling new messages from it. When I try to log on I can even get into my contacts list and settings, its only when I try to access the inbox that it says loading and just hangs. If its no longer on the database would I still be able to retrieve new emails?

OCE_Ady

What happens if you go to www.talktalk.co.uk/webmail and log in there?

OCE_Ady

What I'm thinking is that the tool links to the database and that's not seeing your account. Maybe the mail server you're connecting to hasn't updated for a while or something along those lines.

walkingdude1
Popular Poster

When I go to the talktalk webmail page I enter my login details and the page goes to my Mail Inbox. I can see the menu for Check New Mail, Contacts, Calender and Settings but theres a message under the main task bar that just says "Loading" but never completes. I can go into contacts and settings but thats all, nothing else works.

OCE_Ady

I've raised the fault ticket for you. I'd expect it to take a couple of days until you get updates from the team. You will get the usual fault logged sms messages in the meantime.

walkingdude1
Popular Poster

Cheers OCE_Ady, much appreciated, thanks for all your help.

OCE_Ady

My colleague has mentioned that you had a similar fault ticket last year. Did that get fixed?

walkingdude1
Popular Poster

No never got fixed, same issue. Spoke to several people online who all looked into the issue but could not solve it and then got told that it would be passed on. Received several texts to say that it was being dealt with but could never contact anyone when I tried to phone them. Eventually received a text to say that it was sorted but when I tried to login it was exactly the same. Have managed to get by using outlook but have several old emails that I can only access by logging in directly which is why I have asked for help again.

OCE_Ady

It's been raised already, but that could present a serious issue. If the address has been missing from the database for so long the Admins won't be able to recover it. I'll keep you posted with their responses. 

walkingdude1
Popular Poster

Hi,

Just wandered if technical had any joy with this issue as I never heard anything from them and can still not access my emails.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @walkingdude1

Just a note to say that OCE_Ady is not back until Wednesday to chase this up for you. I'll re-escalate a question into the email workflow just so it's there waiting when Ady returns.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

walkingdude1
Popular Poster

Nice one, much appreciated.

OCE_Ady

I've had to raise a new ticket for you. You'll get updates by text message. 

walkingdude1
Popular Poster

Nice one, much appreciated.