email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali Email Error using Outlook 2013

samsam76
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

I use Outlook 2013 to receive my Tiscali emails and today have tried to receive emails through Outlook but keep getting the following error message: 

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed.

I have checked email address and password - I have changed neither of them but just keep getting the same message.  I have tried to go on and reset the password but the recovery email address is the tiscali account that I am having issues with!  So am currently going around in circles, I cannot find a number to call or 'chat' option to speak to someone regarding this.  

I am not a TalkTalk customer but have had my Tiscali email address for years so unable to login to the 'My Account' option that I have seen suggested in other similar posts.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi samsam76, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 10

Hi samsam76 

You'll need TalkTalk help to set up password recovery reset details. 

Without a working password you'll not be able to set up reset details yourself or subscribe to Mail Plus. 

I'll push a request in for you. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 10

OK... So going back to the original question how can I access my emails right now please?  As previously mentioned I have no way of logging into the webmail option as it's telling me my password is incorrect and I can't reset it as the email address that it sends the reset request to is the one I can't access?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi samsam76, Gondola is right if in the short term you want to use your mail with a mail client and in the longer term keep the mailbox you'll need to sign up for either a Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus account. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 10

Add the email address to Private notes, bottom of Profile Personal Information screen and Save changes. 

There's an issue ongoing for some customers that have inadvertently had mail accounts restricted to webmail only access. 

But as you're not a current customer your email address is bound to be restricted at some point unless you take TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or subscribe to the TalkTalk Mail Plus mail only subscription service. 

Message 6 of 10

Thank you for your reply, no I don't recall getting any emails regarding this?

Hasn't been a problem up until now receiving the emails.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Ady 

I don't have a TalkTalk account number but have added landline to profile... where do I add the affected email?  Didn't put in the email section as this had to be verified and can't verify as can't access the emails?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi samsam76, please add the affected email address and your landline or account number to your community profile so that I can check if you're affected by the incident. 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi samsam76 

Your email may be restricted to webmail access only because you're not a TalkTalk Consumer customer for home broadband or the Mail Plus mail only subscription service from TalkTalk.

Have you received a mail message from TalkTalk about restriction and ultimately deletion of the email address?

Do you wish to subscribe to MailPlus? £5/m or £50/y for continuing to use up to 5 TalkTalk Mail addresses across supported email clients and webmail.