email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali Email

ljwljw
Chatterbox
Message 17 of 17

Not sure where my other post is, but I am still unable to access my Tiscali email since almost 2 weeks. It says my password is wrong on both Windows live mail and webmail. I have tried password recover even though Im sure i am entering the correct password "but it says Your password could not be reset at this time. Please try again later".  so I have no way to access email or reset password. 

I have added details requested in other posts to private notes. Please help!

Lin
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 17

I've sent a chaser for you. I can't promise a call today, but hopefully you won't have to wait too long.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

@Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk  but I've still not heard anything. 
If someone could call me tomorrow (Friday) at 2PM GMT or after when I will be in front of computer.

I desperately need access to the MyAccount area to review my bills and also to see when my contract is due for renewal so I can change supplier without charge after this fiasco!

Thanks 

Lin
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

I can't believe this hasn't been sorted yet. If I don't get the right answer this morning I'll take it higher for you. I'll post back as soon as I know more. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

@Chris-TalkTalk @Ady-TalkTalk 
Hi

I'm really struggling with this support incident. I am still unable to access my email or reset my password. Still the same error as almost 2 months ago. I have missed a couple of calls from the service management centre/network team, but when I try to call back it just goes to the central call centre team who get me to run through the same checks I have done 20+ times previously. 

Please please please can you arrange for someone to call me, on my mobile number in my private notes, ASAP, any day preferably after 2pm in the afternoon so I can be at home by my PC.

I have bills and account statements that will be emailing this primary email address that I need urgent access to 

Thanks 

Lin
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Lin,

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve, I'm chasing with our network team

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Still having exactly the same issue unfortunately, cant get into my email or my account areas, error message when I attempt to reset the password with recovery options set is 
Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.

Lin
0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

HI ljwljw, I've sent a chaser asking for updates for you. Hopefully, you won't have too much longer to wait. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi

Any update from the network team at all?

Thanks 

Lin
0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi ljwljw,

Just a quick update, our network team have logged this out to the email admins for investigation, we should have an update by Monday

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi ljwljw,

Our network team have confirmed that they can't see a problem with the email account. They've asked if you can provide a mobile number and alternative email address so that they can update your recovery option, could you PM me with these details (please don't post on the forum)

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Lin,

I've logged this over to our network team for investigation. If you don't hear anything within 72 hours please bump the thread and we'll chase it up

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Lin

Looks like the account may have been locked for security. The team will pick up from here and let you know with a reply from an OCE right here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

@Gondola have just tried My Account reset with account number and home phone number but on confirming the new password the error is 

Error:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.
So unable to reset PW either way, if someone could please help get me back in

Thanks again

Lin
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Lin

If the Tiscali email address is also used to sign you in to your Broadband service MyAccount but you've forgotten the password for the MyAccount sign in then see if that can be recovered using your broadband service account details.

Select Forgotten your password? and select the Account Details tab.

Enter your home phone number and then the broadband account number.  Both will be in the Welcome pack. Additionally, the home phone number will be read out to you if you use your home phone line to call 17070. The account number is usually also on other written communications from TalkTalk as well as copies of bills whether written or pdf.

Tip: If the tiscali email address is listed in your MyAccount > My Services > Manage Webmail and it's also used as the MyAccount sign in then, according to the password change advice, when you change the email password then that also becomes the MyAccount sign in password.

But if the MyAccount password reset doesn't work then you'll definitely need help from the TalkTalk team and they'll pick up this topic ASAP, normal weekday hours 8am - 4pm.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Thanks @Gondola 

Unfortunately I cannot get into webmail with the password I thought it was and still get the unable to reset at this time error when I try the recovery using code to my mobile. I have tried in MyAccount link also (I thought my tiscali email was the account login for my talk talk account access also)  but have the same password issues so would appreciate someone assisting me to regain access to my account!

Have updated details as requested

Thanks

Lin
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi Lin

Just to say you've only made one post and it started this thread. To troubleshoot the password issue, check the tiscali email sign in using TalkTalk Webmail.

If the Webmail password doesn't get you signed in then password recovery may have been set up for the email address with an alternate email and or mobile number. Please do try the Reset your Password option. Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed, see if you recognise them from the hints and if you do have access to the alternate email or mobile then please reset the password and recheck in Webmail before changing the Windows Mail password. 

If you're a TalkTalk broadband customer (or recent customer) you can also change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.  Tip: Select Change password and use the MyAccount password you just used to sign in to MyAccount to authorise the creation of a new tiscali email password.

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

If the self-help password change / recovery options still aren't effective then I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

In the meantime, please double check that your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and check the tiscali email address is in Private notes with the Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to check or set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password. Then Save changes.

0 Likes