email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali Emails not Sending or Receiving ?

SMJ333
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

My tiscali.co.uk mailbox is not sending or receiving emails.

I'm getting the message below in my mail client:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid login or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I have not change any settings or the password.

Please can someone help.

Thanks,

SMJ333

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi SMJ333, has Gondola got you sorted? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @SMJ333 

As this message has popped up late I assume you've verified this member email having reset the email account password and recovered access. 

Do check you can fully access your mailbox and send and receive email by signing in to TalkTalk Mail and sending an email to the same mailbox.

Usually, just re-entering and saving a new password in Outlook will be sufficient to overcome the error message. Passwords do get corrupted from time to time in Outlook. However, if the issue persists then the fix is to save any wanted emails that have been downloaded and that don't exist on the mail server, then remove the mail account from Outlook and reinstate afresh.

I see you're using insecure mail settings and I'd like to encourage you to update to using secure email so that both the password and the messages are secure en route to the mail server.

If you use multiple devices to collect / view emails then do also consider changing to use IMAP settings so that your messages in the mailbox can be viewed on any device. The choice of POP3 or IMAP is yours and some users do prefer to stick with POP3. 

The secure Tiscali email settings you need are: (select the appropriate column)

Account Type  IMAP (recommended) POP3
Login / Username username@tiscali.co.uk username@tiscali.co.uk
Password Yes Yes
Incoming mail server imap.tiscali.co.uk pop.tiscali.co.uk
Incoming Port 993 995
Incoming Security SSL SSL
Outgoing mail server smtp.tiscali.co.uk smtp.tiscali.co.uk
Outgoing Port 587 587
Outgoing Security STARTTLS STARTTLS
Require Authentication Yes Yes

NB Do not use SPA (Secure Password Authentication).

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution