email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali address vs Talk Talk Plus account, is it still valid?

MagsDb
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hello all, I am worried and need some conformation.  I have a Tiscali co uk email address, which may get closed, SO I have registered with Talk Talk Plus, arranged Debit  etc.  Will this protect my Tis....emails particularly the older ones?  How can I check and how long will it take for the "My Account" page to show the Talk Talk Plus addition?  Thanks MagsDb.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi MagsDb 

I think the best thing is for TalkTalk to have a look at your account and review everything you've got in your legacy package.

The Broadband (SMPF) is broadband supplied by TalkTalk without phone line rental where you pay line rental and pay call costs to another party (usually BT but can be another party). It's a legacy contract for broadband with TalkTalk shared with a phone line operated by another party.

On the basis that you do already have broadband, albeit a legacy contract, your TalkTalk Mail email will be free. I don't think you should be paying any extra for TalkTalk Mail so we need to get TalkTalk to cancel and refund.

If TalkTalk offered to provide you with broadband and phone line rental included in the price of currently £21.50, or less, would that appeal? Do you have a package for calls with your phone provider or do you pay for phone calls as you go?

Sit tight and await TalkTalk taking an in depth look and advising on the best option.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Sorry Gondola and all, i had to recharge the battery.  

My route in has been:

I enter: Email address and Password,,,,,Up comes my dashboard, with my name, account number and land line phone number.  The "My Package" box on that screen has "Broadband Only (SMPF) " in blue script and "Broadband and Calls" in black script.

I select "My Services" from the 2nd top row on the page and then"ManageTalkTalk Mail from the dropdown menu.,,,,,,Up comes "Manage Talk TalkMail" and a sub-heading "My Mailboxes".  In there is now my "margaret.xxxx@tisc....co.uk" mail box that I was worried about losing access to and its historic emails.

This was only added thanks to your guidancelast weekend, 03/04.  

You have earned your star with me, MagsDb.

Up comes

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi @MagsDb 

I'm still not clear. Just to clarify, sign in to your broadband MyAccount where you see your broadband billing.

The Tiscali address in question in now appearing on the "Manage Talk Talk Mail" page under "My mailboxes" in that same broadband MyAccount?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

HG, To my "MY ACCOUNT" section.  The Tiscali address in question in now appearing on the "Manage Talk Talk Mail" page under "My mailboxes".  Looks like I've signed up for both sorry, MagsDb.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi @MagsDb 

You don't need to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.  TalkTalk Mail is free for broadband customers and all you need to do is add the tiscali mailboxes to your existing broadband MyAccount.

TalkTalk Mail Plus is only for ex-TalkTalk customers.

If you have inadvertently subscribed to MailPlus then we can ask for that to be cancelled and mailboxes moved.

Under no circumstances delete any mailboxes added to the wrong MyAccount or you'll lose them completely.

Just tell me if you've added mailboxes to the new MailPlus MyAccount or to your existing broadband MyAccount where your broadband billing is.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Sorry Gondola (dropped off there), Yes I am, had BROADBAND ACCOUNT, £27 per month, as of 03/04 Signed up for BROADBAND &TALKTALKPLUS, £32. MagsDb.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi @MagsDb 

In post 3 I asked if you were a TalkTalk broadband customer.

The reason for asking was to check you weren't unnecessarily subscribing to TalkTalk Mail Plus which is for non-TalkTalk broadband customers only. About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

So just to repeat the question. Are you a TalkTalk broadband customer?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hello all, and thanks to Gondola (who is very busy).  I followed the instructions, Acc Debit has been changed, Tiscali Email address added to "My Account", then I noticed it is all labelled "Talk Talk Mail"  not "TTMAIL PLUS"!!!!! That wee panic is setting in!!! So, what is the difference between "TALK TALK MAIL" and "TALK TALK MAIL PLUS" ? and will "MY ACCOUNT....SERVICES" show Broadband AND Email.  Thanks, frowning MagsDb.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi @MagsDb 

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

Enjoy your TalkTalk Mail. Stay safe, Stay connected. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hello Gondola and all, that is the "Tiscali.c......" added.  Thanks for your and any one who looked help.  Had a PC, Tablet and Phone going on this at one point.  I hope this finds you and yours well  (and ALL).  MagsDb

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 13

Hi @MagsDb 

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer? 

Perfectly OK if you're not as you've then done exactly the right thing to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus to ensure you have full access to TalkTalk Mail on all your email devices for your tiscali email address and up to 4 other mailboxes.

Now, key question.  Have you added your tiscali mailbox to the MailPlus MyAccount?  That's what's needed to make sure it's safeguarded.

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

If your mailbox appears in My Mailboxes then job done.

You can relax.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

For forum staff to reach your thread, @MagsDb  you need to complete your community forum profile. 

Go via your avatar/name; click save to finish. 

It can take a few days for TT staff to reach your post.  Give them time to get to it. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes