email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali domain and email probelem

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Message 5 of 5

In accordance with community policy, I have started my own thread.
My Tiscali account is failing to access using IMAP from Outlook 365 on PC, or from Samsung Email on phone. Access is OK by webmail. I also fired up Telnet on the PC and connected to the POP server pop.tiscali.co.uk successfully. Now this also fails. So the problem seemed confined to Tiscali accounts accessing by IMAP. I also tried asking Outlook 365 to change to the imap.talktalk.net server but it could not make the connection.
Using webmail I can see that I received an email at 8.52am, but a test message sent from Hotmail at 10.02am has not arrived.
I have tried a test message at 10.18 from my talktalk account with the response
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Test message
Sent: 03/08/2021 10:18

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'John Buchanan' on 03/08/2021 10:18
Server error: '550 5.1.1 AqYimtIFfxbmZ Recipient Domain Invalid (TT505)'

Retired the 11 years old Dell, new one is an Inspiron 3881 running Windows 10 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Message 1 of 5

Having reverted to original server settings with imap.tiscali.co.uk the test message sent at 10.02 was received along with other pending e-mails at 14.16. Hopefully normal service has been resumed. I will have tested the recommended TalkTalk server settings, and these work OK now. But during the outage those settings wouldn't work for the Tiscali email account.

Retired the 11 years old Dell, new one is an Inspiron 3881 running Windows 10 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Message 2 of 5

The suggested workaround/fix to use mail.talktalk.net IMAP settings is not helping. Outlook 365 attempts to make the connection using the Tiscali credentials, but then reports "something went wrong"

TiscaliIMAP.jpg

Above are the settings which I tried.

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Message 3 of 5

I have sent a test from my Gmail account and this has arrived in the Tiscali inbox accessed by webmail.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi John

There's a problem with DNS for the tiscali mail servers.

The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page. 

So, sending from on platform mail to tiscali.co.uk isn't going to work until the incident is resolved.

Try sending from a Gmail address as the tiscali MX servers are working. Let us know if that email gets through.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes