email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali email addresses and TalkTalk Mail Plus

RonM99
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 14

I had a broadband etc account with Tiscali before TalkTalk took over. At the moment I have 5 legacy Tiscali email addresses in my TalkTalk account. My son uses two of these and has decided he would like to mange these separately from my account. If he sets up (and pays for) a separate TalkTalk Mail Plus account can the two Tiscali addresses he uses be "transferred" to that new account.

Thanks

Ronnie

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Great stuff Ronnie, thanks for posting back to let us know everything worked as it should. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

RonM99
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 14

Hi Ady

Yes. He used one address (with existing password) to successfully set up new Mail Plus account. Then added other address later.

Thanks again

Ronnie

Message 3 of 14

Thanks for posting back Ronnie. Did he managed to add both mailboxes to his new account? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 14

Thanks for taking time out to let us know, Ron. We always appreciate your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

RonM99
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 14

Thanks to @Gondola  and @Ady-TalkTalk  new Mail Plus account set up by my son  for legacy tiscali email addresses.

Cheers guys,

Ronnie

RonM99
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 14

Sent Personal Message

Message 7 of 14

Hi Ronnie, what I can do is to unassign the 2 email addresses once I've completed the security checks and then your son could setup a new TalkTalk Mail Plus account with one of them and then link the other once the setup is complete.

Ady

RonM99
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 14

OK.  I will put notes in Community Profile shortly and also let my son know what is happening.

Thanks for help.

Ronnie

Message 9 of 14

Hi Ronnie

The email addresses will continue to work exactly as they do now. Don't delete them from your MyAccount as that comes with a warning of a permanent deletion. This is why TalkTalk must do the unlinking for you.

Please do update your Community profile now as that will help.

RonM99
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 14

Would the two email addresses still work between unlinking and setting up in Mail Plus?

And should I wait for reply from TT before adding note to my Community Profile?

Ronnie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Ronnie

I've pushed a request to the TT Team and you'll receive a reply here, hopefully with some indication of timescale.

When the unlinking has happened then your son will be able to Apply for MailPlus.

RonM99
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 14

Hi

Thanks for information.

So if I follow your description of what to add to my Community Profile the notes will be seen by TalkTalk support and they will unlink, but keep active, the two addresses?

Any idea of time scales for unlinking the addresses and then using one to set up Mail Plus account?

Thanks

Ronnie

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @RonM99 

What a great question.  It's not possible to sign up to MailPlus for any mailbox that's listed in an existing MyAccount.  Neither is it possible for a customer to remove a mailbox from MyAccount and to keep the mailbox active.

So, the process will have to be handled for you by TalkTalk. If the two mailboxes are unlinked or orphaned from your MyAccount but kept active then your son will be able to use the email address and password to sign up to MailPlus and then in the MailPlus MyAccount add the second email address.  About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the two email address your son uses and clearly note that these are to be kept active but unlinked / orphaned from your MyAccount. Save changes.