email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali email authentification failure

davidfawthrop
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

My main Tiscali account flags an authentification failure warning and tells me to change my password. Cannot change anywhere. Have spent an hour on the phone to an advisor in S Africa but he could not help. He escalated the problem and gave me a reference number 1-0000002-915706-0.

What causes the failure and how do I get my account operative again. This account is used for banking, business and social contact. Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

You're very welcome. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

davidfawthrop
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 12

Hi Ady

Everything looks good. Many many thanks

David

Message 3 of 12

Hi David, I'm told we've fixed this now and your mail should work in a mail client again now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

davidfawthrop
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 12

Update on problem

I have managed to get into the affected tiscali email in talktalk webmail. I have 3 Tiscali addresses and 2 Talktalk addresses. I wish to read all in both Windows Mail and Thunderbird, which I was able to do up until last week when we got the failure message. I can link 2 Tiscali and 2 Talktalk addresses to Mail and Thunderbird but cannot link the affected Tiscali address. This means I have to log into Talktalk mail every time I want to see emails sent to the affected address. As you will appreciate this is a nuisance!
Am I likely to run into the same problem with the other 2 Tiscali addresses?"

Just for the sake of clarity, I had not forgotten my password! The system would not let me use it! The password recovery emails were sent to the account I could not access. Not particularly helpful

David

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

I agree. Restricted to webmail only access but webmail not accessible due to password issues.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Oh maybe he has 2 issues then as he's definitely part of the incident. 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 12

Ady, just a heads up that David cannot access webmail because the password is forgotten and to make life difficult for himself has failed to set up password recovery options. 

That's my take on what he's said.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi davidfawthrop, the team are now working to find the cause of the issue and hopefully the fix won't be too far away.

Ady

Message 9 of 12

Are you a paying customer?

If you cannot sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail because you don't have the password and you haven't set up password recovery then TalkTalk Mail Support will need to step in and set up password recovery. 

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery, other notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

davidfawthrop
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 12

Hi Gondola

Have tried your suggestions but the affected email has disappeared from webmail so cannot try "forgotten your password" option.  Have tried reset option elsewhere in my account but it sends the recovery email to the affected email and I don't get it. Getting a litle lost here.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi David

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your tiscali email address, notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A weak password or compromised email account will trigger a password reset or blocking of the mailbox to help secure customer data. You may need help to recover access.

If you're not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer your mailbox may get restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address.

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about restriction or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox then add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox is restricted to webmail only access.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your tiscali email address and password, select Sign in.

This is to check the password is working for the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email address and or mobile number can receive a password reset link or 6 digit code. Please try the Forgotten your Password? option. Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA security and select Continue.  Do you see any error message?

If there's an alternate email address or mobile number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please select one of those to send a password reset. If you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail then for routine password changes select the password reset to be sent to the account itself or, preferably, update Reset details via the TalkTalk Mail main settings menu then use the Forgotten your Password journey.

Let us know what the situation is so we can tell you what the next steps are if not already outlined above.