email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali email not sending through SMTP or Webmail

gjc26
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

Hi

My Tiscali email not sending through SMTP or Webmail.  Have tried on 2 accounts. 

Passwords are correct.

I note that initially I was getting bounces from TalkTalk ("Server error: '453 4.1.1 Wh4dgpbEsnEtl Too Many Recipients (TT502)") to my MS Outlook (on Windows PC); subsequently the passwords have started to be rejected in iOS Mail (on iPhone) and MS Outlook (on Windows PC). 

When logged into Webmail after this happened (which proves the passwords are fine), when I click on send, it says "sending" but then does nothing.

Looking at the above, I do not believe there are any troubleshooting steps that will help, it seems to be firmly at TalkTalk's end.

For completeness, there don't seem to be issues with receiving emails on either account (they are however maybe a little slower than usual to relay test messages).

Please attend to this.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi gjc26, Gondola seems to have you covered here. If you need further help just shout. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi @gjc26

There's your answer.

"Are you sending whilst connected directly to the TalkTalk network or via another network?" No, you're sending via the VPN's network.

"Sending limits can be dramatically cut back when sending from some other networks." TalkTalk have limited the access via your VPN's network because VPN's are also extensively used by spammers.

So, use a VPN when accessing insecure wi-fi hotspots to prevent unauthorised interception.

But you've no need to use a VPN when connected via your router's wi-fi to the TalkTalk network and when using an encrypted connection to the TalkTalk mail server. Don't use the VPN when sending emails on the home connection and you'll not be rate limited.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Definitely not spamming!

Think I've worked out the issue; TalkTalk seem to be blocking my vpn (top 5 provider, never happened before) but only for Webmail and email clients, not for any other traffic (you're also my isp).

Guessing it's due to high traffic from a range of ip addresses causing a flag/block, and that it will probably resolve behind the scenes. 

Will have to switch off to use email and only use only data (and turn off wifi) on my phone as having vpn on 100% of the time is pretty much essential to avoiding insecure/ hostile wifi hotspots when out and about.

Hopefully it'll resolve itself over the next day or two, will let you know if it doesn't.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @gjc26

The temporary fail error message that you were receiving initially is from the TalkTalk server. It's advising that you're over the limit for sending emails in the last 24 hour period.

So the question for you is, do you think you've sent emails to more than 500 recipients in the last 24 hour period?

Are you sending whilst connected directly to the TalkTalk network or via another network?  Sending limits can be dramatically cut back when sending from some other networks. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution