email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali email not working

Harris22
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have not been able to receive my tiscali emails on my IPad since Sunday evening, although they are still coming through on PC using Outlook, and I can still send emails from iPad. I have two tiscali accounts and the message I get on both is “the identity of “pop.tiscali.co.uk” cannot be verified by Mail”. I had the same problem about a month ago and resolved it by changing the settings using one of your earlier posts. The settings are all correct now - so frustrating. I was away at weekend and used personal hotspot from my phone to download emails - would this have caused a glitch?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @Harris22

If the email works with SSL off then that just means the mail app has set itself up to use the insecure POP3 port of 110 for incoming and possibly port 25 for outgoing.  That'll work so long as TalkTalk continue to support legacy insecure mail users but I cannot see that continuing for very much longer.

The preferred setup is to use fully secured email for both send and receive.

POP3

Incoming port is 995, SSL on. 

Outgoing port is 587, SSL on.

If you're using multiple devices for email with the same account then it's recommended to use IMAP settings (see previous post for full details).

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi, before I saw your reply I switched off SSL on my account and suddenly they both came back to life! Now seems to be working fine but thanks for your advice I will try that when it happens again.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Harris22

The usual fix is to save emails, delete the accounts on the device mail app, power off, repower, reinstate the email account using the tiscali settings here.

You may have to check the advanced settings to make sure the app has got them correct as the auto-setup often doesn't. Manual setup is better if you get that option.

If you don't get the option for manual setup the trick is to put in a false password just the once and that will force the manual setup when you then put in the correct settings and the correct password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes