email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali email - password recovery PLEASE HELP

carmenjoy
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 17

Like others, I've forgotten my tiscali email password, and been unable to find a way to retrieve it. I've seen the post asking for the following information:-

"I need you to add ALL of the following to the private note section of your community profile:

Email address affected; Full Name;  Date of Birth; Mobile contact number; Phone number linked to email address;  Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let me know and I'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you."

I'd be greatly relieved if you can retrieve my password, please.

Thanks.

Just one problem - where is the Private Note Section of my profile located please?

Is it accessible only after you've made a post, as I couldn't find it before?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi carmenjoy, my guess would be that you're misreading one of the characters of the new password when you're changing the mail account on the tablet. It's a really common issue when there are Is 1s ls and 0s and Os. We don't keep the password so if you can't get it sorted on the mail clients we'd have to raise a new ticket and get you a new password. Gondola has provided good advice and is a great helper if you need help. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi @carmenjoy

I see that the team have given you a new tiscali email password that's ultra-strong. I also see that the password is working with webmail because you keyed in the new password to access webmail.

It's exactly the same mailbox that your tablet sees. Same password needed.

All you need to do is update the password for the tiscali account on the tablet.  It'll have the old password stored in the tablet for the tiscali account settings.  You may need to update both the incoming settings and outgoing settings.

If you need further help then let me know if it's an iPad or Android tablet or Kindle etc.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

MORE INFORMATION

PLEASE TREAT THIS AS URGENT AND PLEASE PHONE ME TO RESOLVE

I NOW CAN NEITHER SEND NOR RECEIVE EMAILS FROM MY TABLET - IT SAYS THE SERVER CAN'T BE SIGNED INTO BECAUSE THE PASSWORD HAS BEEN CHANGED, EVEN WITH THE NEW PASSWORD YOU GAVE ME - IT IS NOT RECOGNISED, OTHER THAN WHEN I ACCESS EMAIL VIA YOUR WEBMAIL USING MY HUSBAND'S LAPTOP.

IT IS INCONVENIENT TO HAVE TO ACCESS MY EMAIL VIA YOUR WEBSITE MAIL, AS:-

1  I HAVE TO USE YOUR NEW PASSWORD WHICH IS DIFFICULT TO REMEMBER

2  MY CONTACTS ARE NOT ON YOUR EMAIL SITE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

OK

It's now Monday 3.40pm. I'm home again, only to find that I still cannot change my password. Perhaps you didn't receive the reply I sent to you on Friday notifying you of this (it doesn't seem to be on this thread).

I now also find that my tablet which previously showed my email without any problem now will not update its email. Also it has been receiving notifications saying email Sign-in Failed, even though I have not tried to access it, which reappear as soon as I've clicked on them.

I now have to access my email via TalkTalk website mail on my husband's laptop using the new password which is how I found I had new emails, including one from yourselves. (Not yet tried via my tablet, but assume it will work)

Please help urgently!! I do not want to continually access my email solely via your website, and I want to be able to add it to my new phone.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

I can't believe this. Sorry I've only just picked this up I've been at the doctor's and they kept me there a lot longer than expected. Let me get this sorted for you now. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Well it's 10.05am Friday and no contact. I've checked the details on the personal profile and the phone number is correct. We expect to be here until 13.00 today. Hope you can sort this out!

!

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 17

No I'm sorry. I just don't understand why the afternoon team aren't able to get this sorted for you. I've made a strong request for this to be done asap this morning if you haven't heard by 10 please let me know. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Sorry, we didn't get a call. Friday am would be great. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

I'm hoping my colleague got in touch last evening. If he didn't then I'll book it for Friday Morning so that I'm around to make sure it happens for you. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Sorry, email only just seen. Will be in all Wed evening if at all possible, otherwise try Thursday evening from 5pm to 9pm, please. Friday morning will also be ok until 12.30, then we are away after that until Monday evening. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

I'm very sorry about that, I've had emails this morning showing that despite giving the two specific times someone tried calling you after 7pm last night. I've asked Chris to call you at 2pm today. Is that still ok for you? 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

No phone call received today.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Thanks, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should get a call today in the time slot you've requested. Please let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

The requested information has now been added to the Private Note box in My Profile.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 17

Hi carmenjoy, please post back once you've added the information and I'll get the fault ticket raised for you.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi @carmenjoy

Have you previously set up password recovery for the tiscali email address with an alternate email and mobile number? You could use the Reset your Password option.

Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is already listed in one of the 5 email address slots.

If the email address is not already listed in your MyAccount and there's a spare slot then you can add with the Manage Existing Address link but you'll need to get a new password first.  And then when added you can change the password in future.

If the above isn't available, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the tiscali email. Apologies if I'm repeating what you've already seen on other posts. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline phone number linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here from Monday onwards to help with account or password recovery.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes