email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali email stopped working on samsung phone and outlook

DavidBrixton
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

I have the same problem as reported by others today. I have a tiscali email address, and I am a TalkTalk home-broadband customer and have been ever since it was tiscali. Two days ago both my samsung phone and my laptop Outlook stopped being able to receive emails from this account (fine on my others), although web mail was still fine. No message received to explain or request any action. I have just changed to a stronger password (12 random upper and lower case letters, numbers, special characters), but it made no difference. Also tried deleting phone account and starting again - no difference. While I can put up with webmail for a short while, I need a fix for  the longer term. I have checked my Community Profile is up to date.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

That's perfect news David.

We appreciate you taking time out to let us know you're back in action.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Thanks. The message from Ady said 'As soon as we hear more I'll post back.' No post, so I assumed no progress. I had to re-install on phone as i had tried deleting and re-installing (but obviously could not connect to do so during problem), and update settings on Outlook as I'd tried changing the password, but again could not do so during the problem. There was no point in doing either without knowing that the problem was fixed.

However, the good news is that both of them now seem to have downloaded the backlog of emails i was expecting, so I assume all is well again.

David

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi David

My understanding is that the restriction applied to TalkTalk customers' emails was fixed last week. Is your laptop Outlook software or Samsung Email app still not working as expected?

Upgrade your legacy mail settings

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Ady, how long is this investigation likely to take? It has been over a week now and i have heard nothing. David

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi DavidBrixton, the incident team are investigating the cause of this problem and are working to get a fix put in place. As soon as we hear more I'll post back. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Yes (see my original message in this thread which is showing on my screen as message 7 of 7). It made no difference at all, either to Android or Outlook. I assume nothing has changed so was waiting for your advice. It is getting very frustrating.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi DavidBrixton, have you tried resetting your password?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

@DavidBrixton wrote:..Unfortunately the outlook/android problems have no also gone away!

I deduce you're confirming that webmail is now working (good news) but the email app is still not working which is the issue that will be addressed by TalkTalk Mail Support next week.

Message 9 of 13

I had already changed my password. I think it was telling me that it didn't recognise my email address, which was concerning as clearly i have not changed that. However, it seems to be working again now, so i can't check what the message was. Unfortunately the outlook/android problems have no also gone away!

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi David

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and your new password, select Sign in.

Is this telling you that you have the wrong password or is there some other error message?

The Forgotten password button in the help article Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery.  If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

DavidBrixton
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 13

Yesterday i reported that I could no longer access my tiscali emails on phone o outlook, but web mail was OK.

Today i can't login to web mail either, so i am completely cut off.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi David

Having worked through the issue with customers today I've alerted TalkTalk Support because I now believe this requires a TalkTalk fault ticket. You should get a response here next week.