email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali email tt502 error

DaveWatson
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

Not for the first time I can't send any emails as error tt502 keeps coming up. Have closed down both email and the computer but still not resolved.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

I've corrected some of the settings in your mail settings. I've sent and received a test mail in your account. All is working as it should.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Profile updated.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 14

Hi DaveWatson, please add the affected mail address to your profile and I'll take a look at your account. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

I still cannot send any email at all...............very frustrating!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

...seems to imply that you've been rate limited at the 50 per hour limit but for the whole day.

Have you removed from your contacts list the emails that fail? Starting with any tesco.net one(s)?

I've asked the TalkTalk Community Team email expert to take a look at the account.

I think you've already done this but just check your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your email account.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Thanks,

It has been working ok today and I've been catching up with emails. I have now sent emails to a total of 50 addresses and am now getting the same message again, even if sending to only one person - no email yet again!

Dave.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

... the tesco.net domain, which was an email address that failed and produced the error message, no longer exists.

So, to bottom out exactly why this error message is still appearing, you may wish to check the email addresses are valid by sending individually via webmail and see which ones bounce.

My instinct says that once you have a contact list where all of the contacts are accepting your emails then so long as the sending limits are respected you'll not get the error message.

Message 8 of 14

Hi,

I get the same message when sending to just one person.

Dave

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Dave

The error message code 4.1.1 indicates that one or more destination mailbox addresses aren't valid. So, your sending has obviously been temporarily curtailed as a spam protection measure.

What you need to do is check your group email and remove those email addresses that are causing you problems.  NB The tesco.net domain no longer exists. It was closed 27 June this year. Mail forwarding was available but that closes today 10 October 2018.

You may have to send in a smaller group or one by one to determine which other ones 'bounce'.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Error message is:-

'An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
4.1.1 ALJugQk8mnEtl Too Many Recipients (TT502).
Please check the message recipient obscured for customer security and try again.'

The recipient seems to change each time I try to resend the message.

I have been using Mozilla Thunderbird for many years with out a problem.

I've been using IMAP for quite some time

I'm not a talk talk customer but one inherited when talk talk took over tiscali.

There are no emails I didn't send!

Dave.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Dave

I'll need some more information to be able to identify the reason.

What's the full error message?

What email client are you using?

Are you using secure email settings as in this advice guide on IMAP and POP?
  If your client is set up to send using port 25 then definitely update the settings

Are you a TalkTalk customer connected to and sending on the TalkTalk network?

Have you checked in Webmail for sent emails that you didn't send?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

I haven't got to 50 let alone 500 and not been able to send even a single email since Tuesday evening. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi Dave

If you get an error message like this one:

453 4.1.1 Too many recipients (TT502) Exceeded email limit in the last 24 hour - 500 emails is the typical limit for sending per day from the TalkTalk network when using secure authenticated email.

It's a temporary error.  It's purely for spam protection and is a limit applied by most residential email service providers.  The workaround is to try again later. Maybe even 24 hours later if you need the benefit of the full daily limit.

Sending insecure mail or off network mail and the limits on sending can be dramatically reduced.

If you think there's no way you've got up to the 500 recipients a day area then post back with some details. It's also worth checking the sent folder to make sure your email account hasn't been hijacked by spammers.

0 Likes