email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali offline emails failed to deliver

GarethRossUK
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

emails will not be delivered in this outage, tested from yahoo to tiscali attempts timed out in four hours. will all emails in outage go mia?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

I had, thank you 😊 It is just Ady said something different.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Was my answer in post 2 not clear?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

I haven't received a single email all day. I've sent myself a few test emails from my work email address which haven't arrived.

The problem is definitely both sending and receiving.

GarethRossUK
Team Player
Message 4 of 9

Why did I get a failure notice from an email sent from Yahoo, if its only an issue with sending emails?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

This is an issue with the DNS servers for the domain. It means you can't send receiving shouldn't be affected. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GarethRossUK
Team Player
Message 6 of 9

Yikes, this might be why the goverment and indeed emails had stopped in the past month too.

I do hope no more are impacted like that because the goverment says the problem is at my end and claims its nothing at there end but that isn't the technicians speaking and they won't esclate it with them for some daft reason.

I do get a lot of my emails through this account and it will take a lot of work to get all that resumed if any are impacted.

I think I will instead create a lot of new accounts and remove reliance probably quicker in the long run than having to make all effected understand what has to be done at there end.

Just to check is this only Tiscali emails or is this also TalkTalk too?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi GarethRossUK, the incident is still open as Priority 1. That's most urgent. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi GarethRossUK 

Correct.

Inbound mail may not have been received because the senders would not have been able to query the DNS to identify the receiving MX mail servers. When this happens, some mail senders, particularly those shared by business domains, may suppress sending to individual addresses. Users may need to contact the relevant business to resume sending. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes