email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toucansurf.com password problem.

RedArrow
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

Hi

Not sure this is the right way to do this as new to the site.

I need to reset my Toucansurf password as well as I have been hacked.

I will put the relavent info in the Private information part but the account was a long time ago so may have some errors.

Please reply/let me know how to lodge this request.

Fred

RedArrow
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

You're welcome Fred. Happy New Year.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi

I have now had the phone call and have had a new password.

Thanks for the assistance.

Fred

RedArrow

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 15

Hi Fred, I'm so sorry. I went through all my old tickets and did the resets for them. I must have missed yours and I can only apologise for that. I've done the reset now and asked Abu to call you. He will ask you to confirm the security information when he calls. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Fred,

Sorry about this, I'll try to find out what't going on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Fred

I've alerted Ady that you're still waiting on a password reset.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi

Still had no contact from anyone regarding reset password.

Very worrying it has take monts to get nowhere.

Regards

Fred

RedArrow
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

I've had to send another chaser for you as I've had no updates either. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi

I have still not heard about resetting my password.  I was away last week but did not see any calls on my mobile.

Regards

Fred

RedArrow
0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

I've sent a chaser for you. These resets are taking a full 7 working days at the moment. Hopefully, it'll be done by the time you're home on Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi

As requested I am advising you I have not been contacted by date stated (last Friday). Unfortunately I am now not at home until Monday 12th Nov but will be contactable by phone but not necessarily have access to computer.

Regards

RedArrow
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 15

You're very welcome. We'll keep trying to get hold of you. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi

Thanks for the help.

I have been advised by my mobile provider that they are undertaking work in my area until 31/10/2018 so may not have signal.

Also, now have appointments Wednesday 31/10 AM and Thursday 1/11 AM.

Thanks Again

RedArrow
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi RedArrow, I've raised the fault ticket for you. These resets are taking 5 working days at the moment. Please post back to chase us if you've not heard by Friday.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @RedArrow

A request for a password change has been lodged for you.

If your toucansurf email password had been cracked or obtained from another website hacking and your email account compromised as a result then of course it's vital to get it secured and a new ultra-strong password provided for you.

You'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email with 5 items of personal data that only you would know. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) your name, address, phone numbers and then all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page (To which only you and authorised TalkTalk Community Team UK staff have access):

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the toucansurf email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the toucansurf email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here from Monday onwards to help with authorising the password change.  You should have a new unique and ultra-strong password by the end of the week.

Scan all your devices with anti-virus and anti-malware software solutions just to make sure passwords aren't obtained by keyloggers.

If you've used the same password elsewhere then do update those passwords with ultra-strong multi-case letters, numbers and allowed symbols of at least 10 characters (is my minimum recommendation).  Advice from CyberAware about passwords. Advice from GetSafeOnline about passwords.

If you discover any fraud then the place to report that is ActionFraudUK.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes