email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toucansurf

SarahCotton
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi

I have a new laptop and would like to link my Toucansurf email with my laptop mail, so I press the icon and my email downloads to my laptop mailbox.

I have my original toucansurf details when entered as a new account in Mail, doesn't do anything.  I've had issues when switching previous devices so wonder if the password was changed at some time.

Having spent 30 mins on phone to tech dept at talktalk they eventually said they couldn't help with the password, offered to help me set up new emai a/c which I don't need and then the person was gone.

Any suggestions how I can sort this out other than ditching my Toucan and starting a new email a/c?

Thanks

SC

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi SarahCotton, it's great to see you've had excellent support from Gondola. 

Please let us know if you need anything more. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Hi Sarah

Good to see you back.and good to know that you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail. Even so, if the password is weak then the mail platform might still not allow a sign in via an email client like Windows Mail until the password is strengthened.

Hopefully you'll have pre-registered for password recovery an alternate email address and mobile number. Either can be selected in the password reset process to receive an emailed link or a 6 digit code by mobile text message to authenticate a password change. It's worth checking these Reset details are present and correct before opting to change the password. 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Update your reset details is an option on the main settings menu (triple line icon on the top right header or cog icon on a mobile browser).

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Changing your email password

Upgrade your legacy mail password

The Windows Mail with Windows 10 settings for all mailboxes, including toucansurf email addresses, are shown here:

Windows Mail server settings talktalk.net

Heads up also that orphan email addresses, that's TalkTalk Mail addresses (including the toucansurf domain) that are not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount, are being limited to Internet browser webmail access and flagged for deletion if no action is taken*. TalkTalk email notifications are being sent.

Email not showing in My Account

* The action to take to restore email access on supported devices is:

• Add the email address to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount
  • If not a customer, rejoin TalkTalk for home broadband or subscribe to  TalkTalk MailPlus

About TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

SarahCotton
First Timer
Message 3 of 7

Hi Gondola

I can access my email on talktalkmail.

Email client is Windows Mail.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Hi SarahCotton 

We appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback but we haven't had anything from you in 10 days.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi SC, please follow the steps from Gondola and let us know how you get on.

If you need more help please let us know.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi SarahCotton 

The first step in troubleshooting is to check that you can access the mailbox via the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full toucansurf email address and password, select Sign in.

Does that work?

What email client are you using with your laptop? For example, Windows Mail or Apple Mail or another email app?