email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring email addresses from one TalkTalk account to another

TOCTOC
Participant
Message 20 of 20

I am selling my house and will be ending my contract with TalkTalk as I am now living with my partner who also has a TalkTalk account.

I would like to keep the 5 TalkTalk email addresses that I currently have.

My partner doesn't use any of her TalkTalk email allocation.

Is this possible?

I tried putting the question in writing (an old-fashioned letter) to TalkTalk but I just got a phone call from support who'd been asked to call me about closing my account. We had a long conversation about the issue and it sounded like what I want is possible but the details of how to make it happen were very unclear and seemed to be quite expensive.

Has anyone on here successfully moved email accounts from one account to another?

If so, I would appreciate guidance on how to make it happen.

Thanks

Alastair

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

You're very welcome we're always happy to help. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 20

You're both very welcome. Come back any time.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

TOCTOC
Participant
Message 3 of 20

@Ady-TalkTalk 

@Gondola 

I'd like to offer a big thank you for your help in getting my mailboxes transferred.

When I originally contacted TalkTalk support (by letter and then on the phone), the response was confused and incorrect.

Once I contacted the Community, I got straightforward instructions that got 4 out of the 5 mailboxes across with just a few mouse clicks and then the final mailbox with a bit of extra help from TalkTalk support.

Much appreciated!

Until the next time.

Alastair

TOCTOC
Participant
Message 4 of 20

Hello @Ady-TalkTalk 

I've sent you a DM as I am still seeing the mailbox on my account rather than my partner's.

Maybe just a misunderstanding.

I've included a screenshot showing what is required (it also shows the error message I get if I try to add the mailbox to my partner's account).

Thanks for your help to date.

Alastair

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi TOCTOC, it was done on the 4th. That email is now linked to your preferred account. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

TOCTOC
Participant
Message 6 of 20

@Ady-TalkTalk 

Hello.

Would it possible to give an estimate of when this will be completed?

That would help me with planning.

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

I'm sure the request is in hand. The move may require authority from the Data Protection Team.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hello @Gondola 

I think that this has now been picked up by TalkTalk Support but nothing has happened yet. The mailbox is still sitting under my account.

Is @Ady-TalkTalk from the team you would have passed the request to?

Hoping this can be resolved soon.

Thanks for your help.

Alastair

0 Likes

TOCTOC
Participant
Message 9 of 20

@Ady-TalkTalk 

Hello. Did you get my replies ok? Were you able t transfer the mailbox?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi TOCTOC, thanks for confirming the security information.  Please add the emails you want transferring and the account number they're currently linked to in the private notes section of your community profile. 

Ady

Message 11 of 20

Hi Alistair, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information.

Ady

Message 12 of 20

No worries. If, after 48hours, the issue is still present then come back on Monday and we'll make a request to TalkTalk Support to assist you by making the email move across.

In the meantime both of you have a relaxing weekend.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hello.

I'm sorry. I replied from my partner's account. 

Remote desktop from a laptop for my account while transferring the mailboxes from her account on the laptop. Too many windows open!

I can confirm that the new email address that I've set for my TalkTalk account allows me to log in.

And, when I do and continue into Managing TalkTalk Mail. I only see the one mailbox remaining.

But, when I try to add that mailbox from my partner's account, I see the following message ...

Unable to add mailbox

We’re currently experiencing a technical error. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.
You can either continue editing and try adding the mailbox again, or discard changes and try again later.

As per your advice, I'll leave it for a day or two then try again.

Thanks again for your help.

Alastair

Message 14 of 20

Hi Lanthium, please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Message 15 of 20

Hello Lanthium 

I assume you're TOCTOC's partner? I think you're right that the former login for your partner's MyAccount may still be locked to that MyAccount in the back-end system.

I assume your partner has checked that the non-TalkTalk email address is working as the login for the soon to be discontinued MyAccount? 

Have another try in a day or two just in case it takes up to 48 hours to effectively release that email address. If still no go then ask your partner to come back on Monday to request that TalkTalk move the email address to your MyAccount.

Lanthium
Team Player
Message 16 of 20

@Gondola 

I have followed your instructions and have successfully moved 4 out of the 5 mailboxes. 

The 5th mailbox, which is the one that was the account username (which I changed as per your instructions) seems to be causing an issue. When I try to add it to the other account, I get a message about there being some Technical Issue and to try again later.

Perhaps it meeds a few more hours for the system to sync?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Yes, let us know at any point if you need assistance.

Just to add that you can check the Reset details - your password recovery options - via the TalkTalk Mail webmail login.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Update your reset details is an option on the main settings menu (triple line icon on the top right header or cog icon on a mobile browser).

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Check, update and Save the Reset details if needed, then you can use the Reset password now button in the help page  Changing your email password.

TOCTOC
Participant
Message 18 of 20

@Gondola Thank you so much!

I will read this carefully and then give it a go.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

Hi TOCTOC 

The first heads up is NOT to delete your email addresses from your MyAccount. If you delete from MyAccount then that's a permanent deletion and is not recoverable. So a heads up that the person having control of a customer MyAccount has the ability to permanently delete an email address. So long as you're aware.

Tip 1: is related to the MyAccount login. If you use one of the talktalk email addresses as your MyAccount login then change that login via your MyAccount so that the MyAccount login is an external, non-TalkTalk, email address. This will release that email address from being locked to your MyAccount.

Tip 2: is to make sure you have password recovery set up for each of the email addresses using your mobile phone as one of the recovery options. NB the password can be changed either via MyAccount or via password recovery options.

Your partner should be able to add each of the five TalkTalk email addresses to her customer MyAccount so long as her broadband service is not a Future Fibre full fibre service. The adding of the email accounts ought to work if you/she follows the instructions in the below help page in the section 'Email not showing in MyAccount'.  All that's needed is each email address and its password. Let us know if this doesn't work.

A further heads up. By transferring the email addresses to your partner's customer MyAccount you are transferring usage rights to your partner. You'll no longer be able to use your personal data to verify that you are the registered user. The registered user will become your partner by dint of the email addresses being linked to her customer MyAccount. So long as you're ok with this then go ahead.

Let us know how you get on.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email not showing in My Account

Change your My Account email address