email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble sending email to multiple recipients

chrisclipson
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 5

Hi

While all other emails via iOS Mail are working fine, I tried to send one to 40 recipients today which will not send. Error message titled Cannot Send Mail says connection to the outgoing server smtp.talk talk.net failed. I have never had this problem before, any ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi chrisclipson, it looks like Gondola has this in hand for you. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

OK, try the send to the 40 recipients from webmail. See if that sends ok or if it errors. Take a careful note of the full error message if one comes up.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Hi, yes the test works fine. As i said, all other messages are being sent and received fine through iOS Mail.

004148C4-98C6-4E2A-B210-722001FD5DF5.png

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @chrisclipson 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

Troubleshoot by testing the send in TalkTalk Mail webmail via an Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Start by just doing a self send and receive. Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any error message including a TT error code, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

Screenshot the iOS Mail server settings and upload here after image editing to obscure the first part of your email address. I assume you didn't copy and paste the error message? - but just in case you did the outgoing server host name is smtp.talktalk.net (no space in talktalk).

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution