email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to access email password reset

mikej101
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

OK, a friend of mine changed over to Fleur Telecom and is now attempting to reset the email password on his Tiscali Account which he has forgotten.

Problems seem to be that the 'system' asks for a TalkTalk account number which he does not have because he is now with Fleur.

The TalkTalk system wants to send an email to the email account my friend cannot access.

How the hell is he supposed to get his password reset ?

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Great. Thanks for confirming.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7
All sorted now thanks.

Message 3 of 7

...and so he registers the Community membership with an email account that he can access.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7
One question there though - when I registered on here I had to confirm my email address by clicking a link in an email !!! My friend cannot open his email?
And so ..........?
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7
Thanks - We will give that a go

Mike
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @mikej101

In theory a TalkTalk customer's MyAccount should remain active for email account management for 12 months after leaving TalkTalk. But the password change would work there only if the tiscali email account was listed in your friend's MyAccount.

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount.

I guess your friend has not previously set up password recovery for the email address with an alternate email and mobile number? Looks like the friend has tried the Reset your Password option. Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed (mobile and email), see if your friend recognises them from the hints.

If not, your friend will need to prove they're the registered user of the email. Ask them to register for Community and double check that they've added to their Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • For password reset requests, include their mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when available in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and they don't accept call backs)
  • Save changes

Your friend can then post a request for a password reset here and TalkTalk's Community Team will verify the user details recorded for the email address and will confirm the next actions in reply.

0 Likes