email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UKGateway Email

Zeo03
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi there, I'm experiencing the same issue as Lin, I've rang up the helpline, tried the text messaging service for the last couple weeks to no avail only to be told that because I don't have an talktalk account they are less likely to look at my problem. I have a UKgateway.net Domain ukgateway.net and I received an email late March to my account will be upgraded and since then I stopped receiving new emails. I can access my account but no new mails. My inbox is not full so I have not exceed my GB limit. Are you able help me please as I need to see those new emails. Totally frustrated. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Great support as always Gondola. Thanks for helping as always.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Zeo03 

That's great news. Thanks for taking time out to come back and confirm that a password reset has got your UKGateway email back in action.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Gondola, it reset worked. Phew, I can view my emails. Thank you very much. 

Message 4 of 7

Hi Zeo03 

If you're not a TalkTalk Broadband customer then you'll not be able to create a MyAccount.

Using the same Internet browser that you're using to view Community, sign in to your UKGateway email account via Webmail and the TalkTalk Mail sign in (Click here) using the main account UKGateway email address and the email password to sign in. 

Do you get signed in to view the Mail Inbox? That mailbox should have all your emails unless they've been downloaded and deleted from the mailbox.

Were you asked during the sign in to create Reset details - an alternative email address that you have access to and a mobile 'phone number so that one or the other can receive a reset link to enable you to change the UKGateway password. That's the only way to get a password reset if you forget the password.

Message 5 of 7

Hi Gondola, thank you, someone who actually knows about the issues.

I've tried both my main domain and alias but no luck as I said before I can access my inbox but I've not received new emails. Would the password have been changed? If so, I don't have account so if try and create one it's asks me about my talktalk telephone number etc..

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Zeo03 

UKGateway customers were given a main account email address and password and allowed to create email aliases. You may be signing in to the UKGateway email account using an email alias.

The TalkTalk Mail upgrade creates a single UK Gateway mailbox using the main account email address. The mailbox will still receive emails sent to any linked UKGateway email aliases. But you'll only sign in to your UKGateway email account via the Webmail TalkTalk Mail sign in using the main account email address and the main account password. 

Just use the UKGateway main account sign in from now on.

You can still continue to use the UKGateway mailbox with email clients and email apps. Here are the recommended settings: Email settings - IMAP or POP3 scroll down to and expand the UKGateway section. Best to set up with IMAP account settings if you use multiple devices.

With any existing email clients and email apps you probably just need to change the Username and Password to the main email address and base password.

Problems with TalkTalk Mail (Click here) explains more - scroll down the page and expand the UK Gateway section.

0 Likes