email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UKGateway email not working since upgrade

lkbondqltr
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

No emails have come through my old UKGateway email since 17/03/19.  The last message was from TalkTalk re upgrading.  As a test I have sent emails to this account today from my other accounts but still nothing is coming through.

I do not have a TalkTalk account and only access the ukgateway.net account via webmail.

How do I get this sorted.

Thanks

lkbqltr

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi lkbondqltr 

I'm pleased that you're back in action and have recovered access to your email account.

Have a great weekend.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for the quick reply. 

This ukgateway address came with purchase of my pc through Gateway.

Used the base log in and it directed me to the "new" inbox.   Folders and mail are all there.

Years ago I used to sign in under the base name, then it was changed to signing in under the alias or email address. 

In that instance as with this, no notification was sent on changes.

Communication is not TalkTalk's strong point hence my preference for a different email

Many thanks for your help.  Much appreciated.

LKB

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @lkbondqltr 

UKGateway customers were given a base account email address and password and allowed to create email aliases. You've previously signed in to the UKGateway email account using an alias.

The mail upgrade applies just to the base account email address.  You now need to sign in to your UKGateway base account via the Webmail TalkTalk Mail sign in using the base account email address and the base account password.  The UK Gateway mailbox created on the new TalkTalk Mail platform will still receive emails sent to any linked email aliases.

Just use the base account sign in from now on.

You can still continue to use the UKGateway mailbox with email clients and email apps. Here are the recommended settings: Email settings - IMAP or POP3 scroll down to and expand the UKGateway section. Best to set up with IMAP account settings if you use multiple devices.

With any existing email clients and email apps you probably just need to change the Username and Password to the base email address and base password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes