email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNABLE TO CONNECT TO EMAIL IMAP SERVER AFTER UPGRADING TO EMAIL PLUS

HelpNeeded2021
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

I no longer have have TalkTalk broadband and have been using an @talktalk email address for many years using IPhone mail app. Recently had problems connecting so paid for Email Plus. On the IPhone I’ve been using previously I get ‘username or password incorrect’ when trying to retrieve emails. I’ve deleted the account in Settings and recreated but still get the same problem.

I set up the account on another iPhone and get ‘no password provided for Talktalk. I’ve also tried on a Samsung S6 and just get message ‘authentication failed’. 

Both have never had this email set up as accounts before.

I've been using the IMAP SSL configuration details shown under ‘connect you device’ in Webmail.

I’m using the same password as for Webmail.

Is TalkTalk still supporting IMAP for Email Plus only customers ?

or any other advice?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi HelpNeeded2021, I've sent you a personal message so that I can help you if you decide you want it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

MikeC34
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 13

I haven't been following your problem at all but note you state :

I no longer have have TalkTalk broadband and have been using an @talktalk email address for many years.......

My understanding is that TalkTalk will not continue to service @talktalk address after X mths following leaving  a TalkTalk account

Also I note reference to Mail Plus which may relate to a daily download of Daily Mail as in printed form which costs £9.99 per month.

On the other hand both my observations may have absolutely no bearing on your problem. If so, sorry for butting in.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi HelpNeeded2021, you're already here on the community if you need help we can provide it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 13

OK, but let us know what happens because my understanding is that offshore agents don't have a process to action Mail Plus purchase. Do you have a note of the Mail Plus MyAccount number you made the payment to? 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

HelpNeeded2021
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 13

The payment is showing on my credit card statement so I wouldn’t expect to also need to set up direct debit details. 

I will chat with Talktalk support directly to resolve this.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi HelpNeeded2021 

The Mail Plus subscription application sets up a UK Bank Direct Debit. You don't appear to have that set up and the MyAccount login is failing. 

This feels like there is no MailPlus subscription set up.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address, customer account number and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

HelpNeeded2021
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 13

Every attempt I make to sign in to MyAccount results in a message that my email hasn’t been recognised and suggests I register. When I try to register it doesn’t recognise my account number and personal details.

As I couldn’t access MyAccount (which I presumed was because I don’t have broadband or any other paid service) I made payment over the phone. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi HelpNeeded2021 

Do you know the email address and email password you used to register for the MailPlus subscription?  That same address and password is used to login to the customer MyAccount?  If so, you can go to the  MyAccount login page (here), enter the email address and select the Continue button to enter the password or enter just the email address and select the lower button to Email me a link to login.

You can sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail to pick up a MyAccount sign in link.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

You say you paid 3 days ago by credit card. If you didn't login to a customer MyAccount to pay then that payment wouldn't have been registered as paid so probably hasn't yet been credited to your MyAccount to release a limit imposed on the mailbox because of a missing payment. But I'm still not clear on how you got the option to pay for MailPlus by credit card.

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

HelpNeeded2021
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 13

When I try to access MyAccount it doesn’t recognise my email address and I get a link to here https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/register/register-new/identify 

despite entering the correct details on that page it still doesn’t recognise those details so I can’t access MyAccount and check the email accounts.

I paid the annual cost by credit card.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Explain what you mean by registering the account details? 

MailPlus payment is by UK bank Direct Debit. Are you saying that the Direct Debit is set up and the first payment has left your bank?

HelpNeeded2021
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 13

I’ve tried registering the account details but it’s not recognised. I made the payment 3 days ago.

I’ll get on to Talk Talk to get the account registered.

thanks 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi HelpNeeded2021 

Heads up that orphan email addresses, that's TalkTalk Mail addresses not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount, are being limited to Internet browser webmail access and flagged for deletion if no action is taken. TalkTalk email notifications are being sent.

You say you're now a MailPlus, mail only, subscriber customer and if so is the TalkTalk Mail email address in question added to your MailPlus customer MyAccount? 

Email not showing in My Account

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

If you know the current email password you'll get signed in via this webmail access.

If the email address was limited to the above webmail access before you made the MailPlus subscription application then it's likely that it will stay limited until the subscription payment reaches your customer account. When did you make the application for MailPlus?