email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Delete emails permanently from IPad

volvo3389
Participant
Message 5 of 5

Hi I have my talktalk emails on ipnone & ipad I cannot delete permanently the emails from the ipad any ideas why

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi volvo3389, it looks like Gondola has given you all the help you need. Not a surprise I might add. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi volvo3389 

What's happening is your iPad is downloading mail messages again because it's not fully synchronising to the online mailbox to delete the mail message from the online Inbox and get that moved to the online Trash folder.

Assuming your iPad has set up your TalkTalk Mail as an IMAP email account then when it deletes an email, that email will be moved to the Deleted / Trash folder that should then be synchronised to the online Server. i.e. the mail message will be removed from the Inbox to the Trash folder.  If your iPad Mailbox Behaviour for the Deleted Mailbox is set to Trash in the On the Server settings then that will synchronise to the way the online mailbox works.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Delete an email from the Inbox and it will be moved to the Trash folder. It will not then download again to the iPad Inbox.

Your iPad may just have got a temporary problem if this has just started happening. Worth trying a full power off and power back on again to clear a temporary fault.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

volvo3389
Participant
Message 3 of 5

Hi thanks for the reply, w have gone thro all of what you mentioned and the deleted mails keep coming back

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi volvo3389 

Depends entirely on how you've got your mailbox behaviour settings configured. Here's the advice from Apple.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution