email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Receive an Email from Sever Trent.

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone else is having this strange issue, Severn Trent (a uk water authority for those that don't know) are having trouble sending mail to me on my pipex.com account.

They appear to be seeing "an invalid or unknown address" at their end.

As far as I can tell this is only happening with ST because mail from Virgin, Apple, Yahoo and various friends and user forums still come through ok.

So, does anyone else have this issue and/or does anyone at TalkTalk know if your system is "blocking" companies of this nature.

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Hi Mozza, can't say that's been an issue for me, but I have an old Pipex account which I believe hasn't been migrated onto the new platform yet, so that may be why my service has largely been ok.

In fact over the last few weeks it's been good with none of the failed to connect dialogues or time-out errors, just the one strange delivery issue with ST.

Mozza11245
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

No emails at all coming in. 3rd time in 5 days. Server down i suspect and chat line down.

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Paja, but I'm still not certain if issue is with TalkTalk or Severn Trent because it appears to affect receiving from only one email address or alias (at the moment anyhow).

If they use another address it seems to get through to me, when doing a test this morning at least.

So, for any OCE that might be looking at this, this is what I've found out to date:

Anything from "donotreply@myaccountemail.stwater.co.uk" is not getting through to me, but if they use "do-not-reply@severntrent.co.uk" it appears to work.

I also don't appear to have any issue from other sources as far as I can tell so that may point to the issue being at Severn Trent end, still, it would be nice if TalkTalk could confirm the system is not blocking certain addresses.

Thanks.

0 Likes

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 5

yes me too just reported emails from one.network being blocked as undesirable

0 Likes