Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to Send Emails Using Outlook

7 REPLIES 7
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

I have been unable to send any emails via Outlook this morning.  TalkTalk Webmail is working fine.  I have attached a PDF file with two example error messages  Grateful for any advice.  Regards

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Muddymedic 

I can't see any obvious issue with the outgoing SMTP mail servers. Response and transit time is fast.

As webmail sending is proven ok via your mailbox I think there might just be an issue with your Outlook app.

Re-entering credentials (username and password) for the outgoing SMTP server might be all that's needed.

Or saving downloaded mail messages that are only in the Outlook account, removing the email account from Outlook, quitting Outlook and then relaunching and re-instating the email account. i.e. the normal fix for Outlook data corruption.

To troubleshoot you could try with Windows Mail to prove that sending via a different email client is ok.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @Gondola As always, many thanks for such a clear and rapid response.  I think you're probably right about a corrupted Outlook being the problem, but I will work through the options you suggest.  Thanks again and regards.

Gondola
Community Star

You're welcome.

Let us know the outcome as a solution may help other members.

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Hi @Gondola Will do!
Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @Gondola  Well (as expected!) this appeared to be a corrupted Outlook account.  I have (as you suggested) deleted the existing one and reinstalled a fresh version.  All is now well.  Thanks again, and regards.

Gondola
Community Star

Excellent.

When the Outlook data file is large then it is more liable to random corruption which is why we see regular incidents happening that involve Outlook. We appreciate you taking time out to let us have your feedback.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Muddymedic, it's good to see that Gondola's managed to get you sorted. Outlook is often the cause of email issues it's as likely to corrupt. You'll often see it as the problem on the community. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.