email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access Email via Webmail

Bucks Ranger
Participant
Message 4 of 4

Whenever I try to logon to e-mail all I get is an advert and not the mail logon on screen what I used to get. I have updated preferences but still no go.  Any ideas

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Without knowing what browser you're using or how its set up and what tracking / ad-blockers you're using, a diagnosis of what exact setup changes you need to make is not exactly easy.

But try the easy route first. Use a different browser, default settings, no cookie blockers and tell me if that proves you can set the TalkTalk preferences in your MyAccount and then not get the nag / reminder screen.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

I have added www.talktalk.co.uk to be allowed and set preferences but still no luck.  All I get is the advert on the screen.

How do you set the details that you are asking for

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Bucks Ranger

To update TalkTalk preferences you need to log in to your MyAccount using the normal MyAccount login email address as username and the MyAccount password.

If the TalkTalk Preferences nag screen keeps appearing every time you wish to login to webmail then it's because the browser you're using is not retaining cookies that store the TalkTalk preferences update. 

The browser needs to be set to accept cookies and retain them. Private Browsing mode or the use of Ad-Blocker software or add-ons will block those cookies so if you don't want the nag page to appear just set the browser / ad-blocker / tracking blocker to accept and retain TalkTalk cookies so that once you've updated your TalkTalk preferences via your MyAccount you don't get nagged about that in future.

Try a different browser with default settings to prove that the issue you're seeing is related to the setup of your existing browser and or add-ons. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes